Actors who grew up to be other actors

We all know that Robert DeNiro grew up to be Marlon Brando (in The Godfather 2 and The Godfather.

And it looks like Leonardo de Caprio grew up to be Jason Robards (The Aviator and Melvin and Howard

And, of course Cate Blanchett grew to become Bette Davis (Elizabeth and The Private Lives of Elizabeth and Esses).

And Errol Flynn grew up to be Sean Connery (The Adventures of Robin Hood and Robin and Marian).

Who else?

Ground rules – must be in two different movies. Extra credit if the character is fictional.

Ewan McGregor grew up to be Alec Guinness (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Star Wars movies). I hope this counts—they’re different movies, but from the same series (and many, many years apart!).

Not to mention Jake Lloyd—Hayden Christensen—Dave Prowse/James Earl Jones.

In a charming little movie called Now and Then, Thora Birch grew up to be Melanie Griffith. That I could believe. But, in the same film, Christina Ricci grew up to be Rosie O’Donnell. That I could not believe without the aid of recreational drugs, which at the moment I haven’t got any of.

And Judi Dench (Shakespeare in Love).

Nicholas Rowe grew up to be Basil Rathbone.

Raymond Massey grew up to be Sam Waterston.

Fredric March grew up to be Hal Holbrook.

Val Kilmer (Prince of Egypt) grew up to be Charlton Heston (10 Commandments).

William Katt & Tom Berenger grew up to be Robert Redford and Paul Newman, though Newman and Redford strangely grew up to be Mac Davis and Jackie Gleason.

And Quentin Crisp! (Orlando)

Mickey Rooney grew up to be Clark Gable in Manhattan Melodrama . . .

Betty Bronson, Jeremy Sumpter and Mary Martin grew up to be Robin Williams.

Kurt Russell and Kevin Costner grew up to be James Garner.

Tom Welling grew up to be George Reeves, Christopher Reeves, and Dean Cain.

I will never believe that Christian Bale grew up to be Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney, or Adam West.

Who is this “Clooney” you speak of? He was never Batman. Never, goddammit.

Mason Gamble and Jeremy James Kissner look nothing alike, yet they both grew up to be Ethan Hawke.

Spencer Breslin, Joseph Melito, and Chandler Lindauer all grew up to be Bruce Willis (and at least they all look somewhat alike.)

River Phoenix grew up to be Harrison Ford.

Ah, I must have been remembering that weird dream I had, in which a teevee doctor guy pretended to be Batman while wearing a tight rubber vest with built-in nipples. I sometimes dream wacko stuff like that after I eat too much spicy food.

Jake Lloyd grew up to be Hayden Christensen, Jamer Earl Jones, Sebastian Shaw, and David Prowse. :slight_smile:

Sorry to be obvious, but Christian Slater grew up to be Jack Nicholson.

And he also grew up to be Albert Finney, if Big Fish counts.

Of course Rob Lowe grew up to be Robert Wagner.

Wil Wheaton grew up to be Richard Dreyfuss.

Levar Burton grew up to be John Amos (those beatings evidently greatly altered his face, height and complexion).

Chris O’Donnell grew up to be Gabriel Byrne
Keifer Sutherland grew up to be John Malkovich
Oliver Platt grew up to be Gerard Depardieu
and
Charlie Sheen grew up to be Jeremy Irons

Oh this is too fun :smiley:

Jack

Wait, wait, I got another one

Richard Chamberlain grew up to be Sean Connery
Herbert Lom grew up to be Naseeruddin Shah
Winona Ryder grew up to be Peta Wilson
Josh Duhamel grew up to be Stuart Townsend
Jonathan Taylor Thomas grew up to be Shane West
John Malkovich grew up to be Jason Flemyng

Sadly the plot was tweaked so that no one grew up to be Tony Curran

Of course, I had several choices fo many all of these, like I could have picked Ralph Malph for one or maybe Johnny Castle.
[Sean Connery] Nobody puts baby in the corner![/Sean Connery] :smiley:

Jack