Actors who have always looked like middle-aged guys

I swear these guys look/looked the same throughout their entire professional lives (as in, they sprang from the womb as fully-formed middle-aged men):

Norman Fell (Mr. Roper; recently saw him in a 1960s film with Ian McKeller and Suzanne Pleshette – looked exactly the same)
Ed Asner
Lionel Stander (Hart to Hart; saw him in an old TCM flick – though he had darker hair he looked/sounded the same)
Abe Vigoda

Who else?

Walter Matthau (a picture of him in 1952 when he was 32 years old).

Good one! We might also add Ernest Borgnine . . ?

Burgess Meredith
Kevin Spacey
John Lithgow
Steve Martin

I suppose it depends a bit on what you think “middle-aged” looks like. In the roles I’ve seen them, none of those would have looked out-of-place playing characters in their mid-30s and above. Even Martin in The Jerk looked older than his character was supposed to be.

[QUOTE=I suppose it depends a bit on what you think “middle-aged” looks like. In the roles I’ve seen them, none of those would have looked out-of-place playing characters in their mid-30s and above. Even Martin in The Jerk looked older than his character was supposed to be.[/QUOTE]

My point of reference is ca. 1977 (when I was 10) to the present.

Leo G. Carroll
Edmund Gwynn
Bert Mustin
Harold Gould
Charles Lane
Edward Everett Horton
Lionel Barrymore
John Houseman

Most started acting late.

Andy Clyde started playing “old man” roles in his 20s, using makeup. By the time he retired, he didn’t need it.

David Doyle - “Charlie’s Angels”

Peter Falk.

Humphrey Bogart
Thelma Ritter

I don’t think Thelma Ritter ever looked like a middle aged guy.

Bette Midler

Walter Brennan (more middle-age than old)

Wilfred Brambell (was 52 when he played Paul’s grandfather in A Hard Day’s Night)

Philip Baker Hall
William H. Macy
Philip Seymour Hoffman
John C. Reilly

Wow…he looks quite a bit like Paul F. Tompkins in that picture.

Agnes Moorehead was always pretty old but then she was 40 when she debuted as the mother in “Citizen Kane”

Jack Klugman

Gene Hackman

Not an actor, but LeBron James has always looked like he was 50. He’ll probably still look like he is 50 if he lives to be 100.

Think he’s bad? Greg Oden’s even worse.

Wilford Brimley