Adam Lambert fronting Queen?

I like that they called themselves “Queen + Paul Rodgers” when he joined the band. Not quite as classy as Zeppelin (refusing to perform under the LZ moniker ever again after John Bonham’s death), but better than sticking some other dude behind the mic and hoping nobody noticed.

After that incredible performance with Queen on the finale I’d say he’s a perfect fit.

Nah, if the remaining members of Queen reformed into a new band they’d be hailed as a supergroup and still be famous.

I totally missed this post before.

FTR, Queen didn’t go straight from Wembley to state fairs. If anything, they’ve almost become more popular since Freddie died, especially in Britain. Practically the whole country watched the Freddie Murphy tribute shows, which IIRC lasted a whole goddamn week.

As I said before,Roger is a very good singer,
Queen songs with Roger on lead vocals:

Modern Times Rock’n’Roll
The Loser In The End
Tenement Funster
I’m In Love With My Car
Drowse
Fight From The Inside
Fun It (with Freddie)
More Of That Jazz
Rock It (Prime Jive) (Freddie sings the first part)
A Human Body
Hijack My Heart
Let Me Live
No One But You (Only The Good Die Young) (second verse

Three albums actually,one studio ,two live.

Heh,yeah I missed it also. Live in Ukraine - Wikipedia
From the entry:
Over 350,000 Ukrainians came to see them play and more than 10,000,000 homes watched the show live on television. In all, more than 20,000,000 took part in what the band recall as “an unforgettable experience.

350,000! That doesn’t happen much.

We are not in Kansas anymore.

Triple post warning!

Roger also sang the very high parts on Bohemian Rhapsody…“for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.”

Also,just a bit of trivia…the song that knocked BoRap out of the #1 spot on the British charts in 1975?

Mamma Mia…by ABBA.

They did a one-night showing of that concert in movie theaters here in the U.S. last fall; I was one of a total of 7 people in the theater (in suburban Chicago). It was a pretty amazing spectacle.

One interesting thing I noted: the audience sang along to all the Queen songs, and obviously knew them well. The band also did a few Paul Rodgers songs; when they did “All Right Now”, Rodgers tried to get the crowd to sing the chorus…and, it was clear that they didn’t know it, or the song! It wasn’t until the third time through the chorus that the crowd was singing along.

Ouch.