ADD Dopers - what tricks have you found to cope?

Amphetamines and lists. Prioritize tasks on paper. The visual makes it much easier.

Me too. I started a nightly pre-bedtime exercise habit 4.5 years ago, and I sleep much better than I used to. I was surprised to learn that it makes it hard for some to sleep if they do it within a few hours of bed. The problem I run into, though, is other things are more interesting than exercising, so I put it off and off, and end up not going to bed until way later than I should…

I make lots of lists too, ftr.

Lists help, but one has to remember to look at them once and a while. :slight_smile: I would also echo the comments about stimulants (Adderall for me), exercise, and a chaotic job. Deciding not to beat myself up for being myself has helped me some. A little therapy has helped me as well. Explaining it all to my office manager (once I decided I could) has turned out to be an incredibly wise decision on my part. And I have my wife and occasionally my daughter call me/text me/email me with reminders about various things.

I’m still trying to find a good way to keep myself on track when I’m trying to do things on the computer . . . I find the Internet such a treasure trove of distractions. It seems the only thing that works is a rapidly approaching deadline . . . this isn’t, of course, such a good strategy, and it’s surely just a matter of time before I’m unable to pull it all together in the last hour or two (and I need to remind myself of that more often).

I so wish I could get more Adderall and more therapy, but both of these tool disappeared with my last insurance plan.