Admit you don't know who Shakira and Pink are

Man I love Pink. Dark Side of the Moon was a kick ass album. (ask your parents to explain “album” to ya, kids)

Bastard! ( :wink: ) Making me do a search just to show you I know the difference between Britney and Shakira!

Here!..http://www.pepsi.com/current/music/shakira/

I have to go wash now…

Honey, I’m gay, so you know that I know who Shakira and Pink are. Heck, I have both the Moulin Rouge DVD (with the music video starring Pink, Mya, L’il Kim, and Chrstina Aguilera) and Pink’s CD with “Get This Party Started.”

Oh, I didn’t know “Get This Party Started” was by Pink. I guess I have heard something by her. Actually, I kind of like that song.

Okay, so entirely out of morbid curiousity I looked.

So, what’s the big deal? Britney and J. Lo had a love child?

I’d sure pay some good money for footage of that conception.

I prefer The Alabaman priests’ (band name!) description of Shakira, myself (look for “Sex Up The Classroom!”)

I haven’t seen that commercial. And I thought I knew Spanish…damn my 56k modem! Bad! bad modem!

OK, so I didn’t have any idea who they were until I read this thread. Now educated, I wander away unimpressed, except for Arden Ranger’s clever invention: “[sub]C[/sub]Rap”.

I know several people who have been long-(long)time fans of Shakira who aren’t entirely sure they know who she is now.

jayjay

Oh, that’s who that chick in the Pepsi commercial was. Man, I was like: I am so out of touch!

Er, I still am. Dunno what she sounds like.

And Pink, well, I wouldn’t know who she was if it wasn’t for the Bally’s commercial. I want to punch the TV screen every time I hear that stupid song.

I need to get out more, though. That much is certain.

I believe Shakira’s commercial is Diet Pepsi, whereas Britney’s is regular high-test Pepsi. I am only familiar with the voices of either of them through the medium of cola. However, I’m sick of seeing Britney’s face everywhere.

As for Pink - I dunno. I’m planning on re-upping for Columbia House, and am considering getting her lastest album as part of my intro package. There is sadly little on the “available” list of intro CDs that I have even the slightest interest in, so I have to make do with what there is. If I hate it, I’ll sell it. Or give it to my brother, who likes her.

Nope. The only celebrity currently appearing in Diet Pepsi ads is Cindy Crawford.

JayJay, in what way?

Shakira is Columbian and in her latest song sings like she’s trying to sound Irish or something. Or is that how she always sings?

I had been a fan of Shakira until she put out her english album and got her new look, she really isn’t too much like what she used to be before. She sounds like a bad version of the cranberrys.

I’ve heard of Pink, and gather that she’s another teen-slut “singer” in the same vain as Ms. Spears. Given that, I’d rather not know any more. And I’d never heard of Shakira before I saw this thread.

Y’know, sometimes there are definite advantages to not having a TV :).

I have no idea who Shakira is. I did, however (as coincidence has it) glimpse part of a video last night while channel surfing, with a pouty young girl named “Pink”. I watched for about 30 seconds, got bored, and moved on. That has been the sum total of my exposure to the entity known as “Pink”.

The Big Cheese, see the posts by The Griffin and Deadly Nightlight above. From my understanding, she used to have an amazing talent and sang amazing, top-quality songs (and I have to admit, having gone back and listened to some of her older Spanish-language work, I agree (even if I don’t understand a word of it)). Since she put out this last album, she’s gone syrupy pop and totally changed her image. Some fans feel a little betrayed.

jayjay

I agree with JayJay, She is def. more pop now than what she was before, I love her Song “ojos asi” with the middle eastern influence. Now I turn her off, she really doesn’t even sound the same as she used to. However Pink is still cool in my book :smiley: