Advocacy group wants to do away with Ronald McDonald.

Wait, so you’re saying Ronald is a giant spider?

What about the Grimace? What’s his deal? What IS a Grimace?

It’s NOT bigotry. Don’t compare it to bigotry! I don’t hate the person. I hate the act. Anal sex. Kissing other guys. Applying ridiculous makeup. The wearing of extravagant clothing. Forced entry into…

ABOMINATION!
:rolleyes:

There’s a reason why advertisements aimed directly at children are forbidden in many jurisdictions. Children don’t have the maturity to make wise decisions regarding their consumption behaviours. There’s nothing idiotic about being upset that a company markets to children with a child-friendly mascot.

Now is Ronald McDonald direct advertisement to children? Not necessarily, and in any case he’s existed for so long that he may as well be grandfathered in.

Why so serious?

[quote=“Hypnagogic_Jerk, post:24, topic:536302”]

Now is Ronald McDonald direct advertisement to children? Not necessarily, and in any case he’s existed for so long that he may as well be **grandfathered in.[/**QUOTE]

Buttt he is a pederfile!

My high school has a pep rally there every year, and the students eat for free. They still make money off it. And I could have sworn Ronald was a girl.

BTW, I could get behind this for the old Ronald.

shudder

ETA: And this wouldn’t even be an issue if we were talking about Japanese Ronald.

That’s definitely preferable to this Japanese Ronald.

I laughed when she said “I’m loving it” at the end.

My first thought, on reading the OP, was exactly the same as the one expressed in the article: when do we even see Ronald McDonald these days?

Admittedly, i don’t actually eat at McDonalds, but i see their ads on TV and in various other places, and i can’t remember the last time i saw one with the clown in it.

Your meme skill rises 0.2 points

Audiences find Ronald McDonald creeping, according to survey:

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/entertainment/article/Ronald-McDonald-s-midlife-crisis-1383584.php

I do get the hate for mimes, I do… but ever since I first saw the guys linked below, I just can’t. Sorry :frowning:

The text isn’t, ah, quite the traditional one. I’m including it in the spoiler.

[spoiler]- YouTube

Dear passengers, Tri-Airlines welcomes you to our flight 0020 headed for Barcelona.

Dear passengers, the commander and crew would like to welcome you. We’re flying quite high, cabin pressure is ok and the speed is way fast. We remind you that in case of emergency you can find, if you so wish, a life vest under your seat; Paula shows us this vest in a perfectly fluid and natural manner. If cabin pressure happened to be insuficient, a gas mask would automatically fall down; Elvira is now holding one and will show us the possibilities. Of the mask. We also remind you that there are five emergency doors: one behind, two on the sides, one ahead and… and another one. You will recognize them because they are door-shaped and marked with the word “exit”, which means “go out this way”. In case these instructions don’t work, we recommend repeating this gesture as fast as you can. Enjoy your flight.

---- I can’t find Joan Gràcia (“Elvira”) doing the vest demo. That clip must have been shown on Spanish TV so many times it broke.[/spoiler]

Don’t be hating on the Grimace man. He’s got a birth defect. If you make fun of him, the Grimace Society will sue you.

Hire The Frito Bandito to whack him.

Goodbye old lady saying “hush puppies”.

Ah excuse me…Unlike those others, the Keebler elves are real

I have always had a strange phobia about clowns ever since the time my father took me to the circus and a clown came up into the stands and shot Dad.
Funny how a little thing like that will creep you out forever.

He is the CEO!

That’s a very deep thought.