Afterlife Belief Poll

I think about this issue a lot.

The bottom line is that yes, I do think that there is something akin to an afterlife awaiting us when we die. The funny thing is that, though I do believe in God (or a Creator or whatever your equivalent of that sort of being would be), I wouldn’t even classify myself as a really religious or spiritual person and yet I still have a reverence for these mystical beliefs.

But more than that, and as somebody already said, I just can’t imagine that a world as complex as ours was created entirely by chance. While that’s certainly possible I suppose, couldn’t the fact that our universe can be EXPLAINED scientifically just be proof of the genius of whoever created it? I don’t know.

I don’t think that people can ever know EITHER WAY whether an afterlife exists in this life, and if there really is a higher order to our existence or to the universe, I’d venture to guess that human beings aren’t even ALLOWED to know something like that. I kind of like the idea of whatever you strongly believe will be your heaven/afterlife will be true for you, and that simply believing in an afterlife makes it exist or something along those lines.

You guys need to go on Youtube and search “near death experience.” There are some absolutely fascinating videos up there of people who claim to have witnessed the afterlife. If any of that is true, though, well that’s up to you to decide. :slight_smile: