Again with the annoying commercials!

Sam Adams commercial with a nice message: get vaccinated, continue to wear a mask. However, annoying because it’s your cousin from Boston.

I like “your cousin from Boston” commercials. I hadn’t seen that one but I think it’s kind of amusing. I’ve seen disdain expressed by others here and I wonder if it’s because those folks actually know annoying people like that? Don’t like Boston accents?

There’s a Canine Advantix ad that plays over and over and over on StartTV, and maybe other places. It’s not all that awful itself, but when you see it dozens of times an hour, sometimes twice in a row - OMG, kill it with fire!!!

I think this may have been mentioned some time back, but I’m seeing it again: “Potato pay your kids…” There’s great parenting advice - bribe your kids to eat veggies by using crinkle fries! I want to hurl potato-shaped rocks at the screen when that stupid commercial comes on. Same with the mother chasing her kid around with broccoli, only to discover that smothering it with cheese makes it palatable and serenity is restored to the dinner table.

Sadly, I expect there will be people who take parenting tips from TV.

I really think they meant to piss us off with that one.

Is there much difference from rock-shaped potatoes?

Weight, density, and how much force I need to exert to hurl them. DUH!

But isn’t “potato-shaped” kind of a default rock shape?

Can’t wait for the next nature hike with my daughter: “Look, honey, a potato-shaped rock! … Look, here’s another potato-shaped rock! … Look, I’m filling my pockets with these …Look, honey, another potato-shaped rock! …”

“Okay, Dad, no more Dope for you.”

Charmin toilet paper and the ridiculous naked bears. The latest commercial with the “itchy, squirmy” butts - grinding into the chair! - makes me squirm in horror.

The Coke commercial with the animated Pinocchio is creepy.

What kind of voice is that in the Gains commercials? The one where the woman in the store wishes she could smell the shit all day, and the one where the guy inadvertently dries himself with the dog’s towel. I’ve never heard anybody talk like that. Kind of a sing song folksiness.

Oh look, the ‘cranky-pated’ commercial is back. Was that the excuse the animator provided for turning in such crappy work for a national advertising campaign?

What commercial is this?

It’s for MiraLAX (or RestoraLAX)…for some reason, it actually looks slightly better on a smaller screen. The versions I’ve seen on TV are rough, almost a little choppy.

That walk at the end is scary.

She has no natural rhythm. Not even RestoraLAX can fix that.

Yeah, that walk is a zombie shuffle straight out of the Uncanny Valley.

Yeah, seeing such awful animation in what must have been a well-funded ad campaign, I wonder if it was somehow intentional. I remember reading or hearing somewhere that those monetized click-bait sites (You’ll freak when you see what she looks like now!) are amateurish-looking on purpose so people think they’re personal sites and people will trust them more. Maybe that’s why the “cranky-pated” commercial looks like someone’s untalented nephew put it together in Adobe AfterEffects, so people will relate to it better or something.

Yeah, that walk is the most memorable part of that commercial, and not in a good way.

I don’t think the MiraLax version has that part where she is on the toilet and the “ankles out” thing.

How is she able to take a dump without her pants around her ankles?

Yeah, the original idea, a take of from “does a bear shit in the woods” was funny. Now it has gone to full bore creepy.

Flap in the back, like with old style long johns? :grin: