Again with the annoying commercials!

Why is TurboTax still running these dumb commercials?

Honestly, I hate pretty much any Starbucks commercial. It’s just trendy pop music and colours being blasted in your face, basically saying, “Hey, teenager, get off your phone for two seconds and buy our overpriced coffee!” I know it works on many people my age, but it just does not work for me at all. Their refreshers are pretty good, though.

Ugly animation is the style today. Look at any Adult Swim cartoon.

New iphone ad, “candyman” which shows off that great new technological innovation in phones…purple.

I can never not hear Candyman like this ever again

Primus - Candyman (Official Video) - YouTube

I will say that it managed to get me to not fast forward through the commercial the first time, trying to figure out WTF it was for.

What I find amusing about that (Apple advertising a new color for their phones) is that many people, including me, put an opaque case on their phone as soon as it’s purchased. So who cares what color the back of the phone is?

Is THAT what they’re advertising?

All it does for me is make me want to watch Willy Wonka.

Ha. I said this exact same thing.

Do radio commercials count? I have a Burger King commercial on Spotify that pops up all the time for their French toast sandwhich. The joke of the commercial is they are saying curse words, but they’re dubbed in French with a “pardon our French” line. Not a bad idea for a commercial. But the voice acting for the non French dubbed parts is godawful. It’s like they pieced it together with one of those computer programs that mimics humans conversing. Has anyone else heard this?

Have you guys and gals seen the menstrual pad commercial that refers to “the gush”?

Yeah, you heard me. That kind of gush.

“The gush happens fast”, they say.

And their tagline is “What the gush”.

I’d love to see a clip of that ad agency meeting.

What the gush

mmm

Twizzler has a dumb one out: a guy, wearing a tie, sitting in the sand at a beach. He wonders if it’s OK to wear white after Labor Day. Didn’t that concern die out along with the seasonal switch from straw hats to fedoras?

It’s a local commercial, but this woman’s screechy voice absolutely drives me to the mute button as soon as possible.

oh dear, straw hat riot flashbacks…

Eh, kind of sounds like a combo of being poorly mic’ed and then having to practically yell to compensate.

Come back, Mr. Whipple! All is forgiven!

Snort. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :laughing: :grin:

I have to say, I am enjoying some of the commercials making the point that we’re getting back to somewhat normal. Like wearing real pants.

I dunno; I saw Aaron Rogers on Jeopardy!(not entirely sure why), but I have no idea who Mahomes is.

He is probably the most highly touted young QB in the NFL right now and played in the last Super Bowl. He also signed a 10 year $503 mil dollar contract with The Chiefs.

More importantly, he’s bringing Whataburger to Kansas City.