Again with the annoying commercials!

@running_coach
Ew. Just ew.

P.S. Thanks running_coach.h

huh i thought that because turbo tax was supposed to be getting rid of its free filing system …

ok that was a strange board burp … … in response to sky watcher part of the above post was saying months ago turbo tax had a big thing saying they weren’t doing the free filings anymore

It must be, because that pic (that you can barely see unless you freeze frame) looks like a real concert not a bar somewhere podunk-y.

They needed to work on their comedic pacing a bit. There’s no time between photo and reaction for thinking,

And that damn cat Walter is back! Between the stupid cat and that twee version of Big Rock Candy Mountain I might never buy another Chevrolet. Even vintage! 57 Chevies - you’re dead to me!

Walter is in the Commercials You Don’t Hate thread, too! :smiley:

I know. I posted a contrary opinion there, politely.

I just don’t get it. :slight_smile:

Maybe they did and that commercial was put into rotation by mistake. There have been plenty of Turbo Tax commercials that make zero mention of “free” recently and the auctioneer one has the only one I’ve heard so far that does.

Yep. I am with you. They hurt the eyes and ears.

I decided to spring to pay them. It is not that expensive.

You can still use Turbo Tax for free if you file a simple 1040 and fall under the following limitations.

W-2 income
Limited interest and dividend income reported on a 1099-INT or 1099-DIV
Claiming the standard deduction
Earned Income Tax Credit (EIC)
Child tax credits
Student loan Interest deductions

If you itemize your taxes, then it’ll cost you.

I filed my 2021 return for free with Turbo Tax at the end of last month.

Here’s a commercial everyone can enjoy:

WTF was THAT! Is it a parody?

You tell me! :grinning:

This commercial for Virgin Voyages with that horrible Madonna earworm.

I just saw an online ad in which the perky spokesperson said: “At Fifth Third Bank, we’re making banking a fifth third better!”

By my calculation, that means a 6.7% improvement in their services.

Hardly worth boasting about.

Idiotic name for a bank.

A company I used to work for had a Cincinnati branch. The guy who ran the branch explained the name came about because there used to be a Third Street Bank and a Fifth Street Bank in Cinci. They merged. Someone decided “Third Fifth Bank” sounded too much like someone on a drinking binge, a bad connotation for a bank, and the rest is history.

That’s pretty much how it happened.

Well, turns out I was wrong about the street part. From the article:

A few losers are under the impression that the Fifth and Third national banks of Cincinnati were so called because they were located on Fifth and Third streets. Another glance at the phone book revealed that Fifth Bank was actually located on Third Street. We were struck with a horrible thought: What if Third Bank were located on Fifth Street? But Third Bank was located on Third Street too. Phew.

I’ve indirectly been called a loser by Cecil. Ouch!

Poe’s Law in action.