Again with the annoying commercials!

Yeah, this one is bad - reinforces the mistaken idea that dads are an unthinking, overprotective dufus. BTW, is that Flo as the mom?

The short version is even worse; there’s an edit right after she says “with” so it ends up with her saying “changed it with … by adding 33% more pepperoni.”

CPI Security has one along the same lines. Apparently, their new line of cameras makes a super annoying “WEEEEEET-wooooot” sound when activity is detected. The commercial features parents going “WEEEEEET-wooooot” in a variety of situations…including the dad popping in on his daughter and her poor boyfriend to make sure they don’t get into any frisky behavior like hand holding or – heaven forbid – getting too close on the couch while watching TV. The extended version of the commercial has the father sitting down in between the two with a bowl of popcorn.

There is a commercial featuring an older man and an older woman. I’m not sure the product, but it’s something that appeals to seniors. It goes back and forth from him to her as they speak to the camera. I’m always distracted by the fact that she only has one line between her nose and mouth, right in the center.

This was on just last night:

Her philtrum?

Yeah. In this case it’s just a single crease. It’s an unusual look.

I saw a commercial the other day which begins with a shot of a guy looking down at the viewer. Suddenly, a long pale cylindrical object swings into view from the side…Oh! Next shot shows the guy texting. All right.
Let me just say that when I saw that object enter the shot, “thumb” was not my first thought.

“Pain in the Aspercreme”

Really? So now we’re having nine-year-olds write ad copy?

No link, but the commercials for Skinny Pop popcorn (It’s a Whole Bag Kinda Night) are so over the top I can’t fast forward through them fast enough.

I’m torn over those Caesar’s sports book ads I keep seeing. They play constantly and I’m concerned how they are drawing in actors and comedians I otherwise like, such as Patton Oswalt.

On the other hand, I never get tired of seeing Halle Berry in that Cleopatra outfit.

Is THAT who that is?

She can do better.

The Manning clan, too. Yes, even Cooper.

Didn’t they briefly use “You bet your sweet Aspercreme” as their jingle many years ago?

Oh man, I dread opening any YouTube video lately, because I always get hit with an ad for some sort of earwax removal tool that is gross beyond words.

Come back Grammarly, all is forgiven.

Just tonight on YouTube they’ve started showing one with a giant kidney sitting on a gurney. It looks like it has a bad acne problem.

Now I think that one’s hilarious - I love the expression on the dad’s face! But I agree about the Mac-n-cheese ads, along with “potato pay them” - if you have to bribe your kids with crinkle fries, you’re a sucky parent.

I don’t know if anyone has seen this one and I can’t find a link, but AAA insurance has one where a father is moving a box and a picture falls out. It’s a younger him that might have been from the 80’s. Big hair, garish outfit, holding a microphone if I remember correctly.

His daughter picks up the picture and looks at it, then at her father.

He makes some comment about having been the lead singer. Daughter throws down the picture and runs from the room.

I can’t for the life of me understand her problem. It’s not like her friends got a glimpse into his life dozens of years ago. Can anyone explain to me what her angst is about?

I have been trying to figure that out for months.

She’s into retro music and has been crushing on her dad.

Here’s the ad.