Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D S01E13: T.R.A.C.K.S (spoilers)

I just noticed my mistake on that. Seems like a mistake to me…new programming would attract all of us who think winter sports are boring as fuck.

Triple Ninja! We rarely see one of these in the wild.

Anyone have any idea as to the meaning of the episode title?

I understand the allusion to the railroad tracks, the guy leaving tracks with his ash-y shoe, the tracking device, just wondering on the actual acronym.

Totally Random-Ass Character Killing Show. Yes, I just made that up.

I think they were just riffing off the name of the series.

My favorite line was May saying “Just what I needed” when Italian guy stabbed her, then proceeded to use the knife to escape and kill them all.

I have been rough on this show but I liked this episode. The back tracking on itself was clever as was the solution to why the train “disappeared”. The Characters are still bland but the plots are getting more engaging.

This is a bit nerdy of me (am I in the right thread for nerdy things?) but I noticed that all the shots were on an actual moving train. There weren’t any greenscreen shots, it was all real landscape passing by. A very rare event when filming on trains.

Except for a few scenes where they “blew out” the exposure to hide that.

Tech Recovery, Acquisition, or Capture while Keeping Stealthy

Just watched it. I also think this was the best episode so far. In a recentinterview, the showrunners responded to fan criticism of the early episodes and promise that the second half of the season is “full throttle.”

Poor Bill Paxton. Game over, indeed. Well, at least he won’t have to think of anything to have put on his gravestone…

New Clairvoyant theory - One of the Group has an Eye-spy implant, but they do not know it. That’s how the Clairvoyant is able to keep on top of things.

I think it could be Fitz or Skye, since Quinn had been informed that Skye was going to be there.

I’ve thought from the first that one of the team was a double agent or sleeper agent. Right now, my money’s on Fitz (which means it’s probably Simmons).

Interesting that the night-night grenade was explicity stated to be the same technology as Fitz’s guns, but upgraded to an airborne capacity.

If one of them is compromised, it has to be Fitz. That way Simmons can go through all the angst.

Or maybe the other way around.

I don’t think I can take Fitz getting all angsty again.

I’m wondering if Deathlok is going to keep acquiring more robotic parts as time goes on: say he gets his arm crushed, back into a hyperbaric chamber he goes until the new arm gets there, etc., so that he increasingly is more machine than man…somehow it just doesn’t seem Deathlokky enough with only a robotic leg.

Hmmm…

It would be hilarious if AoS slowly turned into Teen Titans.

Except Deathlok did it first.

He premiered in 1974. Cyborg didn’t show up until 1980.

Ah, thank you - I don’t follow comics that closely :o

Question for folks who already were familiar with Deathlok from the comics:

Did you know the show was making Mike into Deathlok as soon as he got the cyborg leg?
Or did you need the end of the show close-up of the “Deathlok” logo on the leg?
Being unfamiliar with the character Deathlok, when they zoomed in to the “Deathlok” logo on the leg, I interpreted it as another “slave soldier trap” like the eyeball that blows up if the soldier disobeys orders. I expected that the leg was set to blow up as punishment like the eye- except maybe a big explosion with innocent bystanders being killed (since maybe Mike would just allow them to blow up his eye rather than do evil deeds for them).

So, it wasn’t until I made my way to the internet that I realized that the “Deathlok” reveal was actually a reveal that he is stepping into the role of an established character.

P.S. Now that we see that he’s Deathlok, just how giddy do you think the show’s creative team were to hear about all the internet speculation that Mike would end up being a Luke Cage stand in? They must have LOVED that everyone was completely on the wrong scent (and maybe they manufactured it as a red herring?)!