Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D S01E21:Ragtag (open spoilers)

Ward’s not an amateur at killing people. If he had really wanted them dead, he’d have figured out a way to do it.

Of course it is. But they didn’t even bother to fake a bobble or two.

He did, he figured out a way to kill them while they were locked in a safe room. It’s only tv show/comic book logic that will keep them alive.

Not just comic book logic. They are in an airtight chamber, bobbing around in well-traveled waters just off the coast of Florida, with a homing beacon, walkie-talkie and whatever else Fitz has in his pockets. The comic book logic will be in explaining how they manage to survive the impact without multiple broken bones. :wink:

Who ever they are, I’m sure it will tie into the Guardians of the Galaxy movie.

We’re all going to look pretty dumb if Coulson opens that pod to find their broken & lifeless bodies…

Pretty much… all of them. Since, as Sean Factotum notes, it’s likely to tie in to Guardians of the Galaxy, that probably limits it to Kree, Spartoi, Eternals, and whatever the Nova Corps recruits. Gamora should be the last of her race, and Drax should be one of a kind, but that may change for the movie MU.

My first thought was “Skrull”, but I think they’re still tied up in the Fantastic Four rights.

Perfect set-up for a Ward redemption arc, though, amirite? :wink:

Maybe Skye is the daughter of Fin Fang Foom? :smiley:

I know The Bus could hover over the pod when it’s in the ocen, but can the jump jet they’ve been using do that?

Maybe Prince Namor the Sub-Mariner will be the guest star next week.

If it’s a modified quinjet, then yes. But it really doesn’t look like one.

Regarding Ward and Buddy… I read it as Ward first letting him go, only to realize that was a weakness and deciding that should be avoided at all ends (and thus killing Buddy anyway). Just as he is visibly ‘tormented’ with killing Fitz and Simmons, only to decide that he ‘can’t be weak’. He definitely tried to kill them, how long do you have in a safe room under water anyway?

It should float for a while, if it’s sealed.

StG

Well, it looked like Ward only had his handgun with him went he was going to shoot Buddy. Either Ward went back and got the scoped rifle, or it was Garrett seeing for himself if Ward was going to have a weakness. Garrett may not have felt the need to shoot Buddy. It’d just be extra mean to Ward. The dog’s gone with a chance at survival, which is mostly what mattered.

I hope that quarter tracker is OK after the EMP.

Of course it is. It uses tubes. :wink:

Fitz: I know that you care about us, Ward!

Ward, aloud to himself: You’re right. I do. It’s a weakness.

Scene cuts to Buddy in the scope sight, with the simultaneous bang sound effect for I would assume both the Buddy kill shot, and the cube release mechanism.

The implications regarding any possibility of a Ward redemption are so completely ambiguous this episode, it’s pretty tough to even have a definitive feeling about it. I’m not sure if this points to good writing, or poor, but it certainly is interesting.

To me, the most interesting aspect of this episode was the revival-by-Jesus-juice of Garrett.

Ward: What are you feeling?

Garrett, looking entirely euphoric: The universe!

I agree with the conjecture that AoS will likely tie-in with GotG, but I think, hope, that it’s on the most cursory level, such as a simple name-drop or such.

Stop calling your dick the universe!

I think Garrett did it to show Ward that trying to resist him was futile. Garrett would get his way anyway. So Ward was better off just submitting to Garrett. It was part of breaking down Ward’s will.

You’re probably right, but in my mind I’m going to pretend Buddy got away and found new loving home. :slight_smile: