Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D S03E06:Among Us Hide...

Nice. Hadn’t occurred to me but that works well if Lash is a generalized shapeshifter and why couldn’t he be, really?

Why are people assuming he was an Inhuman before he joined SHIELD? Couldn’t he have turned from the fish oil?

Hunter is being a tad dickish and antsy and probably feels guilty about not managing to kill Ward (and jeopardizing Andrew in the process of not managing to kill Ward). He’s instantly bored after being benched by Coulson and wants to be involved in something, even if it takes the form of being toxic and annoying because he’s not really capable of helping Fitz figure out the physics of retrieving Will.

Frankly, he should take a beating from May as penance and then chill the fuck out.

An Inhuman is an Inhuman from birth. Whether they go through Terragenasis or not, they still carry the Inhuman genetics. The fish oil doesn’t affect you if you don’t already have that.

If Andrew really is Lash, I don’t think it matters much if he went through Terragenasis before or after the fish oil incident. It’s still an awful coincidence.

Unless he’s a sleeper agent that the Inhumans decided to embed into SHIELD decades ago. Also an option.

Superpowered inhuman breaks into speeding truck, overpowers multiple highly-qualified government agents, kills his target, walks away, morphs into black guy, gets shot by city patrolman.

Truly a tale old as time.

I laughed.

Acting!

Wrong Strucker kids. Wolfgang von had three kids - Andrea & Andreas, and their half-brother Werner von.

Since they made a point of having Andrew apologize to Melinda a few episodes ago for suddenly disappearing on her as they were trying to reconcile, it’s almost certain that they’re setting him up to have undergone fish oil Terrigenesis.

I don’t know that there is serious debate, but the dramatic tension is fairly clear. Fitz loves/wants Simmons, but the only way to make her happy is to save the guy who ‘stole’ her from him. It’s not that *someone *shouldn’t go get him, but Fitz is realistically the only option, and to do it, he has to completely give up (and by proxy, us the viewers have to give up) the idea of he and Simmons being together.

So, if Fitz’s fictional mind contemplates opening a portal, but setting it to puree Will as he comes through, let’s just say I would not be surprised. :slight_smile:

Which is why I still hold out hope that Will is either dead and replaced by the monster or an inhuman projecting the monster unknowingly. Either one means he can get killed and we can go back to our FitzSimmons shipping.

The more I think about this, the more I think it fits, judging from May’s reaction. If May thought Andrew had secretly been an inhuman for a long time and was now killing people and undermining SHIELD’s mission, she’d be pissed, probably even more than she was at Ward. Her reaction at Strucker’s account seems more sad than anything else. Possibly when she and Andrew were in Hawaii and seemed poised for a lasting reconciliation, he disappeared one night and when he came back he was distant and forgetful, possibly disinterested in (if not repulsed by) the idea of having sex with her again. She was irritated and angry, especially since he couldn’t or wouldn’t explain his change of mood. Now she’s sad because she’s realized that wasn’t Andrew.

Melinda only knows that Strucker said Andrew turned into something freaky. She doesn’t actually get to watch the recap we see, to know that Andrew turned into Lash, specifically.

Actually, since she’s been out of the loop with SHIELD lately, it’s not even clear that she knows about Lash. She’s been focused on Ward, and that probably what Hunter and Coulson would have talked to her about. The person she’d most likely have heard anything about Lash from would have been… Andrew.

…and now a little retrospection.

I missed the “Devils You Know” episode a couple of weeks back. Hulu, being a typical evil Fox product, won’t put the episodes online until eight days after they’re broadcast. So I watched “4,722 Hours” before “Devils You Know”.

On the one hand, it wasn’t that big a deal. “4,722 Hours” was pretty much self-contained so it’s probably the best episode to watch out of order. But going back and then watching “Devils You Know” after having already seen “4,722 Hours” revealed how threadbare the storyline was. There was no good reason why Simmons couldn’t have told everyone about Will right away. But the writers had to stretch it out for a couple of episodes just to fill time.

And they’re doing this a lot. The pacing has become terrible. It seems like the writers have only enough ideas for about eight hours of show time but they’re contractually obligated to fill twenty hours. So everything is just dragged out. We get repetition, we get exposition, we get unnecessary obstruction - anything just to slow things down.

I’m not sure why you’re only getting episodes 8 days after they air - mine show up on Hulu the day after.

From what I understand there’s a lot of hand tying done by the network and Marvel Studios. For example–they knew from the beginning that they wanted Kyle McLaughlin to be Mr. Hyde and by extension Skye becoming Daisy but they couldn’t get the okay from the studio and that’s why they only call him “The Doctor” for the longest time.

I can see pacing and treading water being an issue if they are constantly having to have contingencies and wait for permission from the higher ups.

What did that final scene with Will throwing away the pistol mean? It seemed like the gun was empty, though he had told Jemma there was a single bullet left. So, if he used up that one bullet, either on himself on in an attempt to kill the whatever it was, does that indicate he’s dead and the thing has replaced him? Or did he throw the gun away to keep himself from using it to kill himself, as a gesture that he’s going to believe in Jemma finding a way to save him?

The was an audible gunshot as Simmons ran through the dust storm, which I took to mean Will was trying to kill whatever the hell that enemy was (personally, I’m a tad dubious about antagonists that are magically, seemingly supernaturally, evil).

When the dust cleared, Will didn’t have Simmons, he didn’t have the bullet he’d been keeping as his final exit strategy, and the moment of sunlight was rapidly ending. Bummer, man.

Do you have the Hulu pay service or the free one? I just checked Hulu (the free one) and the episode they currently have available is “4,722 Hours”.

Here’s a question - why does the team keep on ending up in Lisbon, Portugal? Last episode was like the fifth time someone flew out there.

It belatedly occurs to me that the last line should be “All bummer in a day, man.”