Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Thread for those who have seen Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Right next to the Ark of the Covenant, or three rows down?

Also, streaming revenue is kept close to the chest. If its being streamed at $2 an episode, ratings wouldn’t show that. And streaming revenue has a long time frame - people seeing Captain America now may decide to go back to watch Agents, even if they didn’t make it past the first two episodes.

(We stream it - we got rid of cable and a DVR and just stream what we want now).

He weaponized it. They were trying to use it for peaceful purposes (back then, obviously later they tried to relearn how to weaponize it again). Plus I imagine Stark was in charge of it and doubt he trusted the Nazi/Hydra people at all. It was probably after Stark died that he got more influence on how SHIELD did things.

I think it’s obvious that either Zola didn’t know about the tesseract or was kept carefully isolated from it by Fury et al. The reason? The minute Hydra got their hands on the tesseract bit in Loki’s staff, they got busy with it in Strucker’s lab.

Just because SHIELD was penetrated doesn’t mean Hydra knew everything. As stated above, Carter kept her cards close, and Fury kepts his so close they were behind him.

Re: Tonight’s episode “Turn, Turn, Turn”…
HOLY SHIT!

Waiting for the official recap thread…but…
HOLY SHIT!

Seconded.

I’m calling this (spoiler for tonight’s Agents episode)

Hand isn’t dead. They set this whole fake shooting up to give Ward Hydra cred.

Pretty much, but now I don’t understand how X’s actions up until that point make sense.

What “official thread?” Start one. It won’t bite you. If someone wants to dazzle us with their recap skills they can do it in post #3 or whenever they get there.

I will admit I’m having second thoughts about this theory.

(More spoilers from tonight’s episode)

[spoiler]Although Hand would probably be willing to have to loyalists headshotted to set up a deep-cover, that does not seem like something an unHydra Ward would be willing to do. I think his smell-the-fart introspection at the episode end was just him having the sads because no Skye nookie would be forthcoming.

Either way, Hydra now has access to the Icebox goodies and stuff. I predict we’re about to see the comics trope of “captured villains don’t stay in jail long” show up.[/spoiler]

My wife agrees with you. I don’t know what to think at this point. Still digesting all that happened tonight.

Might as well keep this one going for the people who’ve seen Captain America 2. Keep the “official” thread spoiler-free (if that’s possible).

I know; it’s fine. It just bugs me when people say “can’t wait for the thread to start!” Just start it. This isn’t TWOP.

I’m not sure if it’s actually possible to have a discussion of this episode without spoiling Winter Solider. The thread would either be full of spoiler boxes, or of impossibly cryptic statements.

So priccar just has to include (Spoilers for Winter Soldier) in the title of the new thread. He always does great recaps, so I for one am willing to wait a bit for him to post. But they’ve been really up-front with the fact that from this episode on, you really need to have seen CA:WS. They will spoil the shit out of it from here on TV-wise.

Well, **Pricciar **has been doing the recaps consistently, and seems to put a lot of effort into it. I don’t want to steal his thunder or anything. I can wait.

Good point. Kinda surprised they went that far so soon after the movie released. Maybe a spoiler alert for the movie included in the title or the OP?

And…ninja’d by Silenus

In retrospect, Ward’s last minute reveal seems implausible. After the team split up, he was alone with Skye and the computer disk in the middle of a facility full of Hydra agents. Why didn’t he just go to the first Hydra team he saw and turn Sky and the disk over to them? Why bother pretending he was still loyal for Skye’s benefit? As a bonus, if he had turned in Skye, she wouldn’t have been able to sabotage the power and Garrett would have been able to kill Coulson and May.

The worst part of this week’s episode were the cliches: “Look, those unidentified soldiers have taken our enemies prisoners. Let’s let them inside the command post.” and “I never told anybody that secret. So you must be the real double agent.” And Victoria Hand’s “come join the dark side” test - these are secret agents she was testing. Didn’t it occur to her that some of the people who “failed” the test were actually SHIELD loyalists who were playing for time in order to defeat HYDRA?

Best parts were May’s reveal that she and Fury had been manipulating Coulson all along, Skye’s reveal that she knew Ward had been screwing May, and Garrett’s scenes. Yes, he was a traitor but he had style.

You’re preaching to the choir.

We never saw Ward kill the Hydra agents that were dogpiling him. He just showed up to let Skye out with some very dramatic (but apparently superficial) facial injuries. For all we know, he did call them off with the Hydra secret password, and send them on their way with all of Coulson’s data before he went back to let Skye out.