AI entering the real world

Here’s a thread for sitings of generative AI or LLMs in the real world. I’ve been using ChatGPT and Copilot for work for months now, and I’ve seen Midjourney style art in cheap ads. And I’m sure AI is replacing algorithms I interact with all over the place. This is really the thread for anything like that.

Rather, this thread is because FreshAI, a collaboration between Google and Wendy’s that’s now implemented in my city (renowned test market and home of Wendy’s HQ, Columbus Ohio), took my order yesterday. It worked great.

Wild stuff.

Last spring, I was coordinating National Bike to School Day for my school. I wanted a picture of a purple jaguar (my school’s mascot) on a bicycle for the posters. With help of some kind folks here, I got a bunch, of many different styles, very quickly.

Last time I went through the drive-thru at Rally’s (AKA Checkers), the voice on the drive-thru intercom was computer-generated somehow or other.

It is too bad that Dall E 3 wasn’t available then.

But 3 of those are not purple jaguars !

But one is. A not too bad one, on the first try. With the AI models available at the time of his request it might take dozens of tries before you got your first acceptable image.