AI song generator

Over a hundred years ago James Whitcomb Riley wrote the poem Little Orphant Annie. Just for the fun of it, I pasted the first verse into an AI generator and it came out so well, I wish I had pasted the whole poem in. I think it’s supposed to be a Dolly voice. It’s amazing, or I’m easily amazed :slightly_smiling_face:

So what are you going to do? Write to the estate of James Whitcomb Riley and tell them you dun gooder? Or publish your version and claim credit and copyright?

The magic word is original.

And all this time I thought the magic word was please.

And what is what you want such that “please” will get it done?

Please is just another word for nothing left to lose.

“I ask for nothing, Master!”
“And you shall receive it, IN ABUNDANCE”

“I want…”
“Then want’s your portion.”

It is getting pretty scary how good AI is at this kind of thing these days. I read Gene Weingarten’s Substack, and he’d written a poem about a certain president, which he fed into an AI music generator. I didn’t notice at first that the melody was AI, and was impressed that one of his fans had set his poem to music.

As a writer, I don’t like where this is going. I want my art to be created by humans, not machines.