Ain't really said it before... sayin' it now: I fucking told you so.

His posting history here would indicate a learning disabilty. I’m not even being sarcastic.

You kiddin’? Back in the day, there was a solid contingent of tighty righty partisans, and metric buttloads of scorn and contempt were poured on The Stoid, and, bless her pea-pickin’ heart, she didn’t give an inch. Me too, for that matter. I’ve a pretty thick hide, rhinoceri ask to borrow it anticipating a knife fight. ** The Stoid**, however, is a delicate and tender blossom, easily bruised,

Except for that stiletto. But it is a very demure and lady-like stiletto.

Exactly that one; thanks, Der Trihs. The fact that the jerk would do something like this just annoys the hell out of me although I should have expected something like it.

Read it and weep. I can haz reasonable government, plz?

If it all goes pear shaped and we get McCain, anybody wanna place bets on how long it takes Palin to have him disposed of and how long after that it takes for us to be required to carry passports to cross state lines?

I so wish I were kidding… :frowning:

nope, she was. and all of us bad liberals were derided, scorned and mocked for our oppostion to the Iraq invasion, glting threads about finding the wmd’s etc.

but stoid did indeed get it worse than most of us. and this is coming from a liberal who had many run ins w/her. and to leander , yea, she has fans. You, I’m not so sure.

waterj2 -I’ll admit I tensed up when I saw your name, but your post surprised me. good on you.

rereading the thread Shayna linked to (only half way thru) on first page was this from Diogenes the Cynic: “Yes, keep gloating little ovines. Gloat when the war goes bad in Iraq. Gloat when you get laid off from your job. Gloat when your children die from poisoned groundwater. Gloat when the feds are in your house. Gloat when Bush’s criminal invasion of Iraq causes a major escalation in worldwide terrorism. Gloat when Dick Cheney’s corporate butt-buddies abscond with your 401k. Gloat away little ovines. You sure showed those liberals.”

ok, so it wasn’t 100% but damn, close.

That was scarily accurate.

You only **think **you’re in despair. I have a horrible feeling that Senator McCain, aided by voter suppression, electronic voting fraud, and Justices Thomas, Scalia, Alito, Souter, and CJofTUS Roberts, is going to be our next president. I really hope it’s just pessimism and low blood sugar making me think this, but a lot of the people in PA & OH I’ve been calling, well, idiots.

How do you feel about the hundreds of thousands of dead or maimed Iraqis, the orphans, the survivors whose lives and livelihoods have been ruined, the displaced, the tortured, etc. At least the 4000 dead Americans volunteered knowing what could be asked of them. Not so the Iraqis Bush’s policies have killed or ruined.

The cost Iraq has had to pay for the scum Bush’s policies far outweighs anything the US has had to pay.

:confused: What’s this all about?

My great dislike of conservative apologists and trolls, obviously.

Yeah, I’m pretty fucked up about that too, especially the Willie Pete (white phosphorus) burned kids and the teratogenic effects brought about by the use of DU (depleted uranium) tank killer shells, but if I think about it too much I get into suicidal/homicidal territory and it’s bad for my brain. Not to mention my prospects for continuing to live unincarcerated… I can wrap my brain around the stuff that’s closer to my monkeysphere without wigging out. :frowning:

I don’t think I’m either. I’m not a knee-jerk conservative, I’m just fiscally conservative (i.e., I want small government) and I think the Republicans still are the more fiscally conservative party even though they may no longer be all that fiscally conservative on an objective basis. I also don’t take positions that I don’t believe in just to get a rise out of people (which is what I think a troll does–some people use that term just to mean a person on a message board they don’t like, and I guess I do fit this latter definition for you).

Also, don’t know if you saw it, but in some thread a guy cited your grandpa’s vote for McCain as evidence that some black people can’t stomach the thought of a black president because it goes against their view of the social order or some shit, and I posted saying that your grandpa was voting for McCain because of his view on abortion. So next time you see grandpa tell him you told the guy that stood up for him to fuck off.

First, it was my father. Second, I don’t use such language in his presence, as it distresses him. Third, fuck you.

OK. You, sir, have issues.

Naaah. He just doesn’t like you.

You know something? I’m in a bad mood today. I’m worried about the Republicans stealing the election, and the economy, and the situation with my little cousin I talk about in a different pit thread. Though I admit to finding you distateful in general, I have re-read your posts in this thread and you did not earn such a vehement reaction. I apologize.

Apology accepted.

Been a Stoid fan even before she lost her ‘dela’. And, yeah, we lefties had all sorts of names rained down on our heads, including, but not limited to: coward, loser, traitor and, lemme repeat, traitor.

Bye!