Ain't really said it before... sayin' it now: I fucking told you so.

Of course, I refer to a post…many posts, really, but I’m thinking of one in particular that I wrote in the misty past…way back in year 2000, maybe it was 2001.

In that post, I predicted ruin at the hands of George W. Bush.

I was chided…nay, excoriated! for such a prediction, dismissed as a hysteric. In fact, of all the things I’ve ever said around here, I think that one was one of the ones that brought even my fans up short, thinking I was being dramatic.

Well.

I fucking told you so.

So fucking there.

However, I am deeply grateful to him. I believe it is precisely because he was so calamitous for our country that we have opened our minds and hearts to an African American, a man whom I believe has the ability to effect a positive change as great and much greater than the ruin that Bush brought about.

And I’m sure that in the same way the moderates felt I was being a negative drama queen, I will be dismissed as indulging in excess.

But you know what? Life itself isn’t moderate; sometimes it really can be that bad.

And in the same way, it can really be that good.

I think that we should all hope that I will be able to be back here in 8 years saying I told you so again.

You waited this long to say “I told you so”?

You’re a little late to the party.

I hereby predict “ruin” at the hands of either Barack Obama or John McCain.

See you in 4 to 8 years, suckers!

Should have waited a few more days. What if McCain wins? Bet Stoid will feel stupid as hell then.

While all presidents are imperfect and subject to forces beyond there control there was one thing GW willfully and deliberatly did that has screwed this country so badly it will take years to recover from it: Iraq. That’s a trillion dollar war that will somehow have to be paid for, along with a 700 billion dollar payoff to incompetent bankers. That’s all Bush’s fault. That’s what we get for electing a profoundly incompetent president.

Bush cut taxes and raised spending while ignoring the regulatory functions of government. The next president will have no choice but to slash spending and raise taxes just to get us out of this hole. If Obama wins he’s totally screwed.

Amen, Larry, and hearty “Get fucked! Find someone ELSE to pay for it!” to our irresponsible Republican pals, may they rot in Hell.

ETA: And I MEAN that. Youse guys think you have a monopoly on Condemnation. It’s a silly assumption, since The Lord laid out the rulez loud and clear, motherfuckers.

I don’t know if I said it here, but I said the same thing at some point, somewhere: I remember being bewildered when he’d won the Texas governorship, and I knew it was just because he had his dad’s name. When he ran for President, with so little experience, and such a checkered past, I dreaded the stupidity of the American voters that would elect him, again, just because the brand was familiar. From the first time I heard of him, I’ve thought of him as a latecomer wannabe, who had no greater ambition to take the easy road of following in the family business. It’s our bad luck that the family business is national government.

If McCain wins every voter in America should feel stupid as hell.

That’s what I’m thinkin’, Stoid. We don’t stand alone in these elections but as individuals among many, and MANY individuals are as dumb as rocks. We can try to maintain our moral and political superiority, but, in the long run, our puffiness stops puffing. It is the exceptions that matter, and this might be one.

I can’t find the story this morning and therefore can’t link to it. But, there was a story on MSNBC yesterday to the effect that Bush and his minions are working their butts off to loosen a bunch of regulatory measures, especially in the energy business. I can’t find the cite; maybe someone who is more skilled can.

I have a good friend… currently a lawyer in the DC area, i believe was in law school in 2000. She was a friend of mine in High School, was the first person I met really into the political scene in a big way.

She did a LOT of campaign work for Al Gore. One day in conversation shortly after Gore lost- we were comisserating and I mention something to the effect of… “Well, how bad can it be really? I mean… we’ve been around for 200 years…”

She looks me dead in the eye and says with all seriousness… “If he gets two terms- we will be lucky to still have a country after 8.”

I start to laugh at this, and she stops me, “I am dead serious. You have no idea how awful he is.” (The slight condascesion aside- one of her faults) I remember thinking at the time that she was being fatalistic. And as things continued on- I realized just how prescient she really was.

This man has been bad on a historic scale. I am curious to see how history talks about him nearing the end of my lifetime.

This one ?

Nope. Not even close. His failure to slam the border shut, then round up and run out the illegals in the country is what will haunt him for the rest of his days.

Why would GW have sleepless nights about that? It’s not as if he’s likely to encounter many, unless he’s employing them.

umm… What?

Stoid has “fans”?

Which would have screwed up the economy even more. And be quite bigoted as well; I note you say nothing of prosecuting the people who employ them.

One, for sure. What you got?

I said and posted that you could not get me to vote for Dubya if you went into the voting booth with me and put a gun to my head. No fucking way.

I don’t recall any specific post, but, in general, yeah, you were right and I was wrong. I like to think I’m older and wiser now.