Last night it took me three hours to install a new window air conditioner (it turned out I got one that is way too huge for my bedroom). I live on the second floor and I am worried that the unit will fall out of the window either killing someone below or ripping out my window. Anyone else have similar worries due to air conditioners?
- I have a regular casement window.
- The unit weighs 100 - 120 lbs.
- Due to the structure of my window, we couldn’t screw the bottom of the air conditioner to the sill. So, we jammed a towel and wood underneath it to make the unit level
- The wing things are screwed to the window.
- The window has a metal bracket blocking it from opening wider than the unit.
- We screwed in these sill clamps that are outside the building and hug the unit to the window.
Am I worrying unnecessarily? Does this sound good?