Airline passenger arrested for Masturbating 4 times during flight

Well, I guess you gotta find something to keep you occupied on those long flights.

I’m not sure I totally understand the situation, all jokes aside. Did this guy have his hand down his pants? Did he have his swollen member out and was actively stroking the shaft for all to see? Did he…reach fruition all four times or were the first three false starts? How long (time wise) were each of these four sessions? If the guy had his member out, I can’t understand why somebody didn’t say something within the first ten seconds. So many questions…

Pretty sure he wouldn’t have done it at all had it been a man “observing” instead.

Good on her to get evidence though. As mentioned previously, it would likely have fizzled away in a he said/she said manner, as many of these cases do, sadly.

I’d hope if I was ever in such a situation I’d spam the Call button so much it’d sound like winning the big prize on The Price Is Right

… come on down, indeed

Few details in the linked articles, but IIRC they described him pulling down his pants such that his dick was exposed, and at least one suspected ejaculation after which he was licking his fingers. No clear info I recall as to time expired, tho a poster googled the flight time as IIRC just under 3 hrs.

Easier said than done. I’m a guy, but in that situation, I’d be shocked and very uncomfortable, but standing up and saying something would make me even more uncomfortable.

I don’t know what would actually happen, but I don’t think this is nearly as absurd as you do, at least if the guy hides it and denies it and you’re the only one who saw it. How could the flight attendant or anyone else tell whcih one of you was the crazy person?

There doesn’t need to be a judicial resolution of it. The solution is clear on its face. You move the woman to another seat; have her switch with some MMA type strong dude flying alone. If nothing else happens, great. If MMA dude says that the guy is wanking it, you now have two people and the woman is believed. If the woman complains that a second guy is wanking it, maybe you then think that she was making it up.

You think that if you move the woman and the guy doesn’t do it again, all is well and everyone can go home without making a fuss.

If I were that woman that would not be a happy ending for me :grinning:. I would want the guy to face consequences.

hehe…tip your servers.

What you are saying makes sense, but it is not what others are saying. You seem to be saying that the woman is wily, keeping silent to gather evidence to make a case against him to officers once the plane lands. Others are saying she is too afraid to say anything.

I don’t speak for every poster in the thread, but from my perspective, I just want to get away from the guy and not be an unpaid air marshal.

Okay, that crosses a line. I can understand the guy’s need to rub one off but licking his fingers is too much.

So the woman is only believed if an “MMA dude” can corroborate her story otherwise the guy faces no consequences? And you think that would be a good outcome?

Probably both are true.

I see what you did there with the “happy ending.” I think sleepyhead was the only one who got one on this trip.

Very much this. I think most people are loathe to “make a scene”. Way more uncomfortable for a woman to face this (and much more likely to be assault (not necessarily in a legal sense but in a “lets mess with this woman” way that is less likely to happen to a male seatmate)), but I think a lot of people would be figuring out if they could just ignore it.

Or just maybe women have had so much experience not being believed about sexual harassment that that’s the default assumption.

Reason #139 Why I Don’t Fly

I’ve got a strict Per Mile Quota. Can’t keep up with Air Travel

Nash Bozard is discussing the event on his Radio Dead Air podcast tonight.

Seems he’s not alone (heh) in his endeavors .

I see a Samuel L Jackson sequel in the near future

Age 76. I wonder if he’s got dementia of some kind.

Dementia was one of my suggestions in Post #2.

~VOW

Equal rights for women doesn’t mean only that women have equal rights to behave exactly as the men have been used to behaving.

It means that women have an equal right to take part in deciding the rules of behavior.

This isn’t of benefit only to women. Nobody, of any gender, needs to be continuously and perpetually able to defend themselves, at any moment, from the actions of somebody who’s obviously grossly (in either or both senses of the word) violating basic standards of normal public behavior; no matter what their relative size is, no matter what their physical condition is, no matter what their social or physical skills are, no matter to what degree they are or aren’t capable of producing calm coherent sentences to a stranger under pressure, no matter what their experiences have been over their lifetime, no matter whether this is just one more thing piled on top of a particularly bad day. Pull it off when you can, whatever gender you are; but you can still be a Manly Man (or a Womanly Woman, or just plain a Functional Human Being Worthy of Respect) if on some particular Tuesday afternoon you can’t.

Aside from that part of the issue:

The article doesn’t say which of them was in the aisle seat. (I’m presuming it wasn’t three across because there’s no reference to what a third person in the row was or wasn’t doing.) If the wanker had the aisle seat: then in order to get out past him she’d have had to step over him. Since he was already massively violating social custom, there’s no reason to think he’d have politely pulled his feet back and sideways to let her out; she’d have had to quite literally step over him. While he was masturbating. Think about how that would have to work, physically, for a minute.

So if he had the aisle seat, she was physically trapped. Push the button, you don’t know how long it takes for a response. Start yelling, he yanks his hand out, says you just started yelling for no reason, and you look like a damn fool.

If she’s got the aisle seat, she can stand up and walk away. But until she does that, probably nobody can see what he’s doing; and after she does that, all he has to do is pull his hand out. What’s she going to do then? Complain of behavior there’s no longer any sign of? Try to change seats on her own, which is no longer normal airline behavior? Go sit back down next to the wanker and wait for him to start up again?

And in any of those cases – even if she stands up from the aisle seat and is immediately granted a new one with no hassle, or pushes the button from the window seat and is immediately moved on request – the wanker has gotten exactly what he wanted: he made the woman next to him uncomfortable, and he knows it. That’s what he’s getting his jollies from.

What she actually did was probably the only thing that stood any significant chance of making him at least equally uncomfortable in return, at least without also getting herself charged with physical battery; and the only thing that stood any significant chance of preventing him from doing it to somebody else next time he got on an airplane. I’d like to think I would have had the presence of mind to do the same thing.