Al Franken for Veep!

If Al’s reports using his self-contained one-man mobile uplink unit have taught us anything, it’s that Al’s a survivor. He would make a stellar vice president, able to get out of any precarious situation he might find himself in from week to week.

I’d be happy to see him as a VP choice; I’ve already voted for him for Senate twice. His books were great, he’s articulate and witty, and he knows his geography. Hillary wouldn’t pick Amy Klobuchar, who I think is weaker than Al, but it’s be nice to have another Minnesota VP.

Would he be the first Jewish VP? Would his religion be an issue?

We in Minnesota consider him to be a worthy replacement for Paul Wellstone and wonder what might have happened if Wellstone’s plane hadn’t crashed.

I followed the interminable recount fight seven years ago, which meant looking at a lot of Star-Tribune articles. And, of course, I could not help looking at the trainwreck extending below the newscopy, which had no shortage of vitriol. From that, and the tightness of the race, I got the impression that there were not a few Minnesotans who really did not/do not like Al Franken. I mean, in his last race, he only prevailed by, like, ten points. That is quite a lot of people, almost enough to fill San Francisco, who do not like him, at least by enough to vote for a Republican.

Yes and probably.

There goes the skinhead vote. :smiley:

Only ten points? Please tell me I’m being whooshed.

It is the Al Franken Century, after all.

The guy was a cipher. He even bears a disturbing resemblance to Mittens. al Franken should have whipped his ass by threefold of that.

It’s an interesting clip.

I think it’s a good look at how Franken deals with folks from the “other side”. I like how he talks to these people calmly and respectfully. Many wouldn’t even bother engaging constituents with polar opposite opinions. I’d love to see that kind of discourse on the presidential campaign trail.

I do really like the guy. He’s charming, smart as heck, quick, funny, respectful, can play attack dog when necessary, and I’m pretty sure he’s gotta still have his one-man mobile uplink unit for taking on whistle-stop tours of the country.