Albums that you only like a few songs on

The lament “I only like a few songs on that record, so it was disappointing” is sickeningly common. That said, which albums that you own do you find have only a few good songs on them?

Mine are:
Sex Pistols - Never Mind the Bollocks (Holidays in the Sun, God Save the Queen, Anarchy in the U.K)

Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American (or S/T) (A Praise Chorus, The Authority Song, Sweetness, Bleed American)

AC/DC - Back in Black (Hells Bells, Back in Black, You Shook Me All Night Long)

Aaron Tippin’s album “Read Between The Lines”. The only song in that album that I like is “I Wouldn’t Have It Any Other Way”.

I don’t really like the Stone Temple Pilots. It seems that the harder they get, the less I like them. I borrowed No. 4 from my brother and was surprised to find two very well done songs: “I Got You” and “Atlanta.” Adhering to that rule I mentioned above, these are much more slow and melodic than anything else on that album. “I Got You” has a sixties’ pop feel, and “Atlanta” is a dreamy, Jim Morrison-ish piece.

Just about every stinkin single one of them since, oh, about 1978. Which is about when I started buying my music used, at least I don’t feel so ripped off.

Any White Stripes album. Boy, that band is the most over-hyped piece of shit ever. OK…each album has two, maybe three really good songs, but the rest suck. Bad.

Jon

Lisa Loeb’s Firecracker, Moby’s Play, and Cake’s Fashion Nugget are the ones staring me in the face at the moment. They all had maybe two tracks per album that I really liked. Worst of all, hands down? Duncan Sheik’s self-titled debut album. ONE song was good and the rest didn’t even have the decency to be horrible so I could laugh at them. They’re just mediocre in that annoying way.

System of a Down’s Toxicity. I think I like about four tracks on that CD.