Almonds or Cashews?

Hard to choose but if we’re talking plain nuts I guess cashews have the edge. But if the almonds are Diamond Maui Onion then they win by a mile. I used to buy those things by the case.

I pretty much just love nuts (and nut pretenders) in general though. They’re all good.

Cashews.

And Lennon.

Also interested to hear the theory.

I’ve read good things about walnuts and almonds (lucky me because I like them both) but what are the health benefits of eating cashews? Do pecans = walnuts in the health-giving stakes?

My exact rationale. Allergic to cashews, not to almonds.

Cashews for sure. Buttery, sweet, yummy. But for everyday snacking, I, too, use pistachios. I get the kind in the shell so I can’t just plow through a mound of them without thinking about it!

Cashews are okay, but almonds rock my world. I usually eat them raw, without salt. In salads. Or by themselves. I often have trouble stopping eating them. But they’re good for you, so its okay.

Lennon, too. What’s the theory?

Cashews, then close second with almonds, but only if they’re roasted.

Beatles: 1) Billy Preston ("To distinguish him from the common level of controversy over who is the Fifth Beatle, he is sometimes given the unique title of the ‘Black Beatle.’) 2) George 3) Ringo

Soooo allergic to almonds (I discovered a couple of years ago), so I picked cashews. But…I must say, I LOVE wasabi almonds. Tragically, I can’t have them any more.

Do they make wasabi cashews?

I love them both, but almonds are far more versatile. They’re great raw, roasted, smoked, salted, unsalted, in candy, in cookies, in stir fry… damn! I wish I had some almonds in the house!

Dunno…but if they do, I am soooo there!

Cashews for the win, if however, pistachios were on the list then cashews would be second.

Unless I’m misremembering, I’ve gotten some from the dollar store. (Check the section with the bags of nuts, trail mix, etc.)

Almonds, barely.
Beatles, don’t like.
Theory, spill it.

Almonds. Cashews are ok, but on the sweet side.

Paul

Turn in your user name. :wink:

Cashews above almonds, but both are towered over by walnuts, brazil nuts, and pecans.

And I do not prefer or like a single Beatle. It’s the band I love.

I can’t vote. I definitely prefer cashews for snacking, by a big margin, but I use way more almonds in my cooking - it’s a more flexible, and is used by many more cultures.

I thought he meant the theory of why this matters. For some reason I got the idea that the OP was going to reveal some sort of association between this and our personalities. At least, the last Beatles quiz I took on Facebook did that.