Almonds or Cashews?

I like both, but prefer cashews more. Yum.

I picked almonds, but I really prefer macadamia nuts

I picked almonds. And I do eat almond paste out of the jar. Lucky for me, they don’t make very big jars.:o

Almonds. Almonds are probably my favorite nut. And George Harrison.

Almonds. To me, cashews have always tasted like peanuts that were left out in the rain overnight. (Peanuts before cashews any day)

Cashews. George Harrison. What’s the theory?

Honey roasted cashews are great.

Ew, honey-roasted cashews sound awful. I don’t think I’ve ever seen them, and wouldn’t try them.
On the other hand, black-pepper cashews from Trader Joe’s are amazing.

Gotta go with cashews, although almonds would be a close second. Okay, maybe third, after pistachios.

Whenever I buy a can of mixed nuts from the store, I pick out all the cashews and almonds and leave all the rest for everyone else.

I’m astounded by the number of people who prefer pistachios over other nuts. I think they’re vile, with no redeeming features at all. Similarly macadamias.

What’s the theory?

I prefer my almond raw and unsalted. Have you tried them that way?

I’m kind of in the same boat, though, because it depends on the context. I eat both, and it sort of depends on the mood. If I want something salty, then it’s cashews or peanuts. If I just want something nutty (and more healthy), I go for the [raw, unsalted] almonds. I really don’t like roasted or salted almonds.

I think we need a poll on oysters or snails. :slight_smile:

That they taste really good?

I think the alternate theory for macadamias is that they are higher in fat content than other nuts. Not sure about pistachios.

Cashews. (actually, pecans).

And Peter Tork.
mmm

Cashews, especially in homemade chex mix along with pecans. The joy of almonds is best served in sweeter foods.

Almonds and George Harrison

Add one more. Pistachios are the most addictive to me.

I didn’t vote. I simply can’t bear to not-choose either nut. Both are good for snacking and phenomenal in cooking.

On the other hand, George Harrison.

I eat both every single day, along with walnuts.

Doctor’s orders.

I eat them in order of least preferred: walnuts, cashews, almonds.

I dislike walnuts. Cashews are ok, but a bit rich. Almonds are awesome and the king of nuts.

If we’re talking plain or just salted, cashews win by a mile. But if it’s a bag of the Diamon smoked almonds, all bets are off. Those things are addictive to me!

Tamari roasted almonds are awfully good.