AM drive talk Radio: "Al Qaeda is over-running Iraq - Bill Kristol blames Obama.

Well, this kind of thing has never backfired horribly before…:smack: :frowning:

Nonsense, white phosphorus is commonly used in urban renewal projects, as buildings, residents and other non-essential elements are reduced to easily transported ash.

I should say the only “hyperbolic horseshit and propaganda” was that we needed to send 100,000 troops to invade Iraq because the regime possessed weapons of mass destruction.

But, yeah, claiming a quarter of the homes in Fallujah were destroyed does equally qualify.

Well, except that wasn’t the claim, and we weren’t making that comparison. Other than that you are obviously spot on. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m becoming more and more convinced NFW is some kind of paid operative for Media Matters or some other group - why else would he intentionally sit down and apparently spend all day listening to RWTR to find something to agitate about?
As to Al Quaeda and Fallujah - let 'em fry each other, I have no skin in the game, same as Syria and, in fact, pretty much everything East of the Mississippi River.

Well, of course. It is well known that Dubya and his good pal Rummie wrapped everything up just as neat as could be. Everything that happened after is Obama’s fault. :rolleyes:

Every man’s death diminishes us…and every man’s fear, subjugation, oppression, or slavery. One imagines a Yankee in 1861: “Who cares about slavery? I’m not in chains.”

Whether we can actually do anything isn’t easy to answer. But you know who else washed his hands of a problem…

ETA: but, speaking as a Californian, I do have to grin at your concluding clause!

If you went outside naked, right now, and stood outside for half an hour, you might be arrested, but you wouldn’t die. Which is why we hate you.

If I were to try that, I would be dead on the first step, my corpse would freeze solid before it hit the sidewalk and shattered into a thousand shards of human hamburger crystal.

As the whole US energy independance comes to fruition I think you’ll find the US sharing your opinion. Without needing them for oil I think you’ll see an attitude shift on the horizon.

Please don’t tell me you’ve bought into the myth of energy independence.. Oil is a global commodity, and it’s best to think of all it going into a big pot from which the various countries buy.

Well, like your article states, energy security. Not that we’d be ‘independent’, but we’re getting close to not being ‘dependent’ on middle east oil. To a point where we don’t ‘need’ to get involved in their affairs.

Pretty sure Bush signed the agreement that got the US out of Iraq by 2011. It’s very likely that America doesn’t want their military back there- regardless of Al Qaeda’s presence.

What does this have to do with Obama at all?

When I started this thread I did so because I thought the upcoming PR onslaught must at least be observed and finding a serious way to respond. Now the flurry of excitement by the right wing messaging machine and punditry over Bob Gates upcoming release of his tell all mea culpa book, which apparently will be quite damaging to not only Obama but to Sec of State Clinton on their problematic attitude he sees with their sending Americans to die in Afghsnistan solely for personal and Party political reasons. That inductctment /narrative which is obviously false will however have a detrimental impact on Obama’s legacy and if she wants it, her run for the Presidency in 2016.

Oh, sure, that. But Obama didn’t cancel the agreement by unilateral fiat so it’s all his fault, see ?

I don’t want to derail this fascinating thread into another subject, but… actually, no.

The only way we can be energy independent/secure in an oil based economy is if we were the sole oil producer and were able to produce all the oil the world needs.

Think of it this way: all the oil goes into a big pot, and then various countries buy out of the pot. What would be the difference if the US put 50% less oil into the pot vs Saudi Arabia putting 50% less oil in? It’s all the same pot, and everyone pulls from it. (Somewhat of an over-simplification, but it doesn’t really matter if our oil production = our oil consumption in an economy where oil is world-wide commodity. It makes us a little richer, of course, but that’s about it.)

If a world war broke out, and all international trade was halted, then it might matter. But let’s not hope that happens!

Well there are other ways to produce oil that are becoming more and more feasible as they are explored more thoroughly.

Of course, mass production is still an issue. They mention here that they’ve been able to retail approximately 90% of the algae’s energy, which is impressive.

Here is the reddit thread, where the first comment at least attempts to ask the question that was burning as I read the article, is it efficient?

http://www.reddit.com/r/science/comments/12k7uh/biofuel_breakthrough_quick_cook_method_turns/