Am I not mundane enough??

I don’t figure this. I can start a thread in Great Debates and 50-100 posts later it’s still going strong.

But whenever I post anything in MPSIMS, it dies like a dog. One post about a touching thing I saw, the only response told me I’d picked a bad name for it. Another one, intended to start a bunch of humorous responses, died after four. I mean, people posted three times as much about freakin’ Underoos, for Cecil’s sakes!!

What gives??

Polycarp, perhaps you are simply not “hip” to the “crazy scene” of today’s “cool” youth.

Those “cats” really know how to “swing,” “man.” It is truly “groovy.”
I wouldn’t worry about not being mundane. What’s worth more–100 posts in GD or thousands in MPSIMS?

-andros-

“Listen Children Eternal Father Eternally One!” Exceptions? None!
-Doc Bronner

I agree with Andros. You have some great stuff in GD. Who cares about MPSIMS.

Jeffery

Don’t worry about it. Judging from your posts, it would seem that your makeup includes neither mundacity nor mendacity. This is not a Bad Thing.

P.S. Your “sig. lines” thread seems to be holding its own.

Maybe you’re just too philosophical for the rest of us juvenile ninnies. Some people are naturally introspective and some, like me, are just simple. Don’t sweat it Poly. I always enjoy reading your posts.

“The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind.” - Humphrey Bogart

Dah-ta-DAH! I’ll defend you, Polycarp! You are the Poobah of Pointless and the Master of the Mundane! Why, from the flat top of your pointless head to the nondescript bottoms of your flat feet, you are the epitome of mundacity (if only you were female - I could have worked in a “flat chest” reference as well). Let’s all sing For He’s a Mundane, Pointless Fellow. Everybody, in the key of G…flat.

Ah, well. I seem to have the opposite effect. I can draw responses in GQ and MPSIMS, but my Great Debates go nowhere. I put the “de” in “debate”.

The overwhelming majority of people have more than the average (mean) number of legs. – E. Grebenik

The Master of the well placed one-liner, the Construuctor of long and well reasoned posts, despairs that he is lacking in the mundane department.
Would that I were cursed with such a shortcoming!
I would bear the burden gladly.

If you’re hot, that’s good.
If you’re cool, that’s good.

I don’t get it.

Maybe it’s that you’re TOO mundane?

Just a guess… :slight_smile:

Yer pal,
Satan

I just want more posts here so poly wont feel bad.
LOVE YA POLLY!!!

Well, Polycarp seems to be doing pretty well in the MPSIMS, these days, so who knows? He may just turn out to be as mundane and pointless as the rest of us.

Modest? You bet I’m modest! I am the queen of modesty!

You might know that just after I posted this thread, stuff I’d posted in MPSIMS started going strong! Murphy’s Law in action, I suppose.

But the Cow God still hasn’t responded to my “Full Time Job” thread. Maybe I should listen to David…deities get a big head and never listen to what you have to say. :wink:

Of course deities get a big head. They are infinite, ergo their heads are infinitely large. However, can an infinite head get bigger? I think I need to read that thread on infinities again…

“Happiness is nonetheless true happiness because it must come to an end, nor do thought and love lose their value because they are not everlasting.”

• Bertrand Russell

I was supposed to respond to a ‘full time job’ thread?

“I’m not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.”-- Calvin and Hobbes
(__)
\/-------\ | |-----| |
…c.c…c.c…

Soooo sorry Poly, I completely missed that thread! I’m gonna go over there right now and respond! Hopefully you haven’t ripped me apart too much by now…

“I’m not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.”-- Calvin and Hobbes
(__)
\/-------\ | |-----| |
…c.c…c.c…

(Just thought this thread deserved another post.)

Sure, I’ll give to a good cause.

Well, I’d respond, but then I’d hit Polycarp with my curse again.

Ooops. That was my out loud voice, wasn’t it?

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

:slight_smile: curse is lifted!

I’m sorry, Polycarp, did you say something?

I think I missed something.

What the hell is this Sealemon’s curse that you guys are on about? I must have missed that thread. That would qualify as neuro’s curse, I suppose.

Modest? You bet I’m modest! I am the queen of modesty!