Am I Stupid?

• I get these e-mails every now and then, from a fake site claiming to be AOL, telling about how you can go to a site and enter your username and password and get a free month of AOL. I just spent a couple of minutes sending fifteen or so fake usernames and passwords; I’se kinda bored at the moment. (I know I can forward them to tospam but that’s no fun) I don’t know enough about computers to tell if it’s possible to steal my info just by signing onto their site, but sometimes I have changed my password immediately afterwards and other times I forgot; I haven’t heard anything at all, so I guess that they’re asking because they really can’t find out on their own.
  • The thing I can’t quite understand, is that the e-mail ALWAYS has errors in it. Usually there is at least one spacemissing somewhere, and a couple odd Letters capitalized in the middle of sentences. What gives? Who writes these things? If I write a program that will generate random usernames and passwords and transmit them, can I get in trouble for spamming a spammer? - MC

Reading this makes me even gladder I do not use AOL.

Yer pal,
Satan

It’s “hackers” looking for passwords to get into AOL or, maybe it’s even someone who knows you personally trying to get into your account for some reason. There was a similar trick used to get Hotmail passwords, where, opening an e-mail would reveal a page that read some akin to “Error, please re-enter your login and password.” It was really just an e-mail that used HTML tags to look like a legitimate Hotmail page.

I’m surprised, I was sure satan used AOL. Of course I thought he sold developed Win98 also.

No, Satan does not use AOL, he just created it.

Jeffery

Yes, Satan is supposed to torment other folks, not himself.

I had NOTHING to do with AOL, thank you very much. Even Satan has his limits of torture to be inflicted upon the unsuspecting masses…

Yer pal,
Satan

Satan is just jealous that he didn’t think of it first.

Peace
t lion

See: http://www.newspage.com/cgi-bin/NA.GetStory?story=b0917084.301&date=19990920&level1=46510&level2=46515&level3=821

Stupid is as stupid downloads unsolicited emails. :slight_smile: