Am I the only guy who hasn't gotten a haircut since February?

I just got mine cut last week and it hasn’t been cut since around Mardi Gras. Right before the shutdown was St Patrick’s Day and my hairstylist asked if I could move my appointment to a few days later, which was fine with me. Then, boom, shutdown!

I’ve been doing my own haircuts for years, so I’m still able to get one every couple of weeks.

The woman who has been doing my wife’s hair since before I even knew her, has her own one-person shop on her property outside of town. So my wife is able to still get her hair done while everything is shut down.

I haven’t had mine cut since March.

I also have been doing my own cuts for years, so no real change there.

However, one bar I used to go to, back in the before times, started a mullet competition for the regulars. At the end we’d all show off fabulous mullets. I made it about 3 months before it stared driving me batty, so back to the clippers.

I was going to get a haircut in March just before going to Barbados. I didn’t get the cut and didn’t go to Barbados either. Rats! My wife has trimmed my beard but won’t touch the back of my neck which is really getting annoying. She has a fit when I mention doing it myself.

You mean, she wants to make you have long hair against your will?

He looks really scruffy, as does Conan O’Brien. Both have wives who could, in theory, do an amateur job. But both are on TV regularly so a botched job might be worse than leaving it alone.

As for me, before this all started, I was on a cycle of getting a haircut every fourth Saturday. My last one was on March 7 and then not again until June 23, when barber shops were opened in this county. The next one after that was July 20, so that was 27 days after the previous one. Before the June 23 haircut, I had to comb it to keep it look relatively neat. (The reason for the haircut every fourth week is so I can pretty much ignore it and have it still look OK.)

February of what year???

nope, February was the last time for me too. I was “due” for one the week things closed down. but ever since, I’ve decided to just let it go. I’m not likely to be back in the office/at work regularly until the new year at the earliest, so what the hell. my hair is the longest it’s been since I was in high school.

My last haircut was August of 2001.

I had to look it up… September 2015. Got the ponytail I always wanted.

Check out the new profile picture. :upside_down_face:

That is FAN-fuckin-TASTIC!! :smiley:

I’ve been away from the board for several hours and three things went thru my mind simultaneously: 1) When I signed back in just now, the first thing I saw was yer new purple 'do and I howled in delight, 2) I thought Hey, when did Joe Walsh dye his…WAIT A MINUTE! 3) The avaTardis is no more!?! Do I really have that kinda power? Should I use it for Goodness?

Thanx for the pic, really made my week! :sunglasses:

She is afraid of botching it or having me botch it. Generally, I never have to comb or brush it; now I do.

Do you need to change your name to ‘Hairy Seldon’ yet?

Yep. I’ve been cutting my husband’s hair. It’s not super hard to do with clippers.

I wonder how many will continue to get DIY haircuts even after this is all over. And a co-worker mentioned the Flowbee at work the other day, which prompted me to Google it. It appears to no longer be available, which is a shame, as it would be selling like hotcakes these days.

My wife has cut mine twice since the shutdown, which I needed since I was due for one before it. Not too bad. She had the right scissors at least.

She got a short one just before the lockdown and is now growing it out which I’m in favor of.
Oddly how my hair gets long now is a lot different from when I was in college when I didn’t get one for years and years.

I’m curious about my gf’s hair. It is the exact same right now as it was at the beginning of shutdown. I know she’d never cut it herself, and I’m certain she has some color/highlight stuff that she normally gets done.

I guess it’ll remain a mystery, I’m not asking.

My mom got her hair cut for the first time since February. The woman who cuts her hair has her own shop and no employees. They both wore masks. My mom usually gets her hair colored, but decided to forego it, as it would take more time.

My dad hasn’t gone. He normally goes to a barbershop, and it’s a bit more crowded.

It so happened I ended up going the first day the salons were open, went 8 weeks later, and will go again 6 weeks after that. Everyone there, customers and workers, wore masks. Also got charged 3 SFr for the mask and disinfectant, plus the time for cleaning.

I could avoid it. But the salon is a local place, owned by a local family. I want them to stay in business. My friend goes to a different place and she wasn’t offered a mask. If my place did that, I would probably walk back out.