Am I the only guy who hasn't gotten a haircut since February?

It’s a straightening treatment, like a perm in reverse. The main thing for me is that it makes my hair more manageable and easier to deal with on a day-to-day basis. Without it, I’m blow-drying or flat-ironing it and putting a lot of product in it, or putting it in a bun overnight, to make it look good. With it, I could just wash my hair and let it air dry and it looked great.

You might be thinking of a Brazilian wax, which deals with hair in other places.

My wife and I have been going to the same local hairdresser for about 30 years. We called her and asked if she could give us haircuts at home, and she stopped by at the end of a day a couple of weeks ago, and we had haircuts on the back open deck, patron and hairdresser in masks. We paid her about 3x per cut what we pay at her salon and she said that was too generous, but having skipped several hair cuts during lock down we thought it was the least we could do. Highly recommended method if it is an option for you. I expect we will use it until we have vaccine or at least very low infection rate.

Not really an option here. There are very few barbers around.

I was due for a cut in early March. That plan quickly changed after everything shut down.

My hair finally got long enough to really bother me in early July. I buzzed it off with some 20 year old clippers. I’m relieved they still worked.

I plan to cut it again in a couple months.

I’m well overdue and it’s driving me mad - it’s unkempt and hot having my hair like this. I think it’s clippers time at last.

Not sure when I last got a haircut. I usually get one per year.

I got a haircut at the end of May…my barber and I are friends and he invited me over to his place and set up a chair in his garage (which happens to have a nice view overlooking a lake). I had no worries about COVID as he had just been tested as a prerequisite for a recent surgery.

Salons were opened but then quickly shut down again in my area, so there’s a chance I’ll be heading over to his place again in a couple of weeks. At any rate, getting a haircut isn’t a big deal for me since I wear a hat about 99% of the time any time I leave the house.

Right. That has been my alternative. I got a shorter than usual cut (foreseeing what was coming) like two days before the shops were closed here, and then afterwards have been doing maintenance with the clippers and I might actually make it my permanent practice.

As to the OP many people get one-on-one services, after all in all but the most extreme lockdown phases there is no real way to enforce that you may not receive an individual visitor in your home.

I got my haircut about 2 weeks ago. We were both masked. She took my temperature as I came in. I’m sure there was some risk, but so is going to Lowe’s, Safeway, and gassing up the boat. Maybe my tombstone will read “died getting potting soil.”

When I tried to trim my own hair sometime back in January or February, I botched it so badly I had to buzz-cut the whole thing and start over. So I hadn’t had any sort of trim until two days ago. My hair gets very bushy when it’s too long and it was starting to get very unsightly.

Please, PLEASE, you have got to post a pic. :rofl:

I shave my head, so nothing’s changed there.

However, I started growing a beard when the lockdown started, and it’s gotten pretty epic at this point (a friend described it as “Zeus level”). I’ve vowed to not cut it until I’m back in the office… which, at this point, could be next year. However, it desperately needs a cleanup- and I’m not willing to go to a barber for a trim on the sides.

user name/post synchronicity

How are you gassing up your boat? Where I get gas for our pontoon boat, as long as they know you they do a contact-less gas sale. I pull up and tie my boat to their cleats. I then clip my cash (they’ve always been cash only) to the clipboard that sits on the pumps. I go back on my boat and get things ready while the guy takes my cash from the clipboard.

He then steps away and I get the gas pump handle and put the gas in. After I’m done I put the pump handle back, start my boat, untie, and leave. Oh, and I usually leave a beer for the guy.

The guy comes down to the gas dock and unlocks the pump, hands me the the nozzle and waits. When I’m done I hand it back and we go into the little hut and I give him my credit card. Lately (last two weeks), they’ve been wearing a mask.

Wow, credit card at the gas dock!! I’m used to cash only for marina gas.

Yes, everything’s very modern here.

I have a 110 gallon tank, so cash would be a hassle.

Stephen Colbert hasn’t had a haircut, and he’s on TV!

The guy who owns the marina where I keep my boat has a beautiful yacht that is sitting out this summer. When he put the boat in the water, he noticed the smell of diesel in his bilge. He has two 500 gallon tanks, and one of them is leaking.

Rather than figure out which tank is leaking, he is replacing both. But the hull has to be cut to access them and it is not a simple job. He is on a waiting list for a qualified crew to do the job.

I’ve had two haircuts since February- one in mid-June, and one a week or so ago.

Basically the guy who cuts my hair opened back up, and his salon is a single-person one- i.e. it’s him and me. No waiting area- I text him and wait outside in my vehicle until he comes and waves at me, and I follow him in. We both wear masks the entire time, and don’t dilly-dally. I trust him- I don’t doubt that he’s enforcing the same stuff on the rest of his clients as well.

I suspect that’s quite a bit safer than going to a larger barbershop/salon with six barbers, six clients and who knows how many waiting around. And not knowing if everyone is going to wear a mask the entire time or not.