Am I the only person in his 20's who...

1)Never somked.
2)Never did illegal drugs.
3)Never got drunk, maby a buzz at the most (I drink sometimes, but never to the point of intoxication).
4)Never had sex before getting married (I did a few other things, but never intercourse).
I’m not trying to sound holier than thou, I just know my behavior is not really the norm, and am just curious if there’s anybody else here who’s “not in the norm” when it comes to this kind of behavior.

No comment.

Though I’ve never smoked and didn’t start drinking until my 20s…

You’re not too far off, I think.

Personally, I also never smoked and never did illegal drugs. And though I drank a bit in college, I don’t drink anymore. And as for 4, I don’t do that any more either, though believe me, I’m trying. :slight_smile:

hey! i’m like you.
never smoked, never got plastered (though i have tried some drinks), no sex of any sort so far. i think there are more of us around than we think.

To be honest, I have quite a bit of respect for people who live a clean life. I’m sure you’ve had your personal reasons for doing this, and I’m glad you stick to your guns about it.

I blew all of those steps by the time I was 16, but if I had to do it all over again, I’m sure I’d make a few changes.

I just turned 23. Never smoked, never did illegal drugs. All the alcohol I’ve ever had can fit in your average glass. I’ve never had sex. However, I’m in no rush.

Besides, the only thing on the list I have any interest in doing is sex, and that can wait until I find the right person.

I have never smoked a cigarette in my life.
I have never used any illegal drugs. (Although some Dopers who shall remain nameless would like to change this.)
I never drank alcohol before I was legal (which was when I was eighteen, btw).

In my 30’s.
I never did drugs.
Now I don’t smoke.
Now I don’t drink.
Now that I’m married, I don’t have sex either.

FTR, I am 18.

That said, I haven’t drunk, smoked, etc. The only part of that etc I ever plan to do (hopefully) is have sex.

There are periods of time I can’t even remember during my twenties so I am either getting old or it might have been the drugs. I think there was some less than memorable sex going on and smoking was a habit I picked up in my mid twenties. Stupid huh?

Like Major Feelgud, I am also in my 30’s and have neither smoked (anything), never done any drugs, don’t drink, and never did the ‘sex before marriage’ thing.

1)Never smoked?
I quit last January, but before that, I smoked a pack and a half of Gauloises. For 7 years.

2)Never did illegal drugs?
Nope. Although I must add that the law is on my side here: in the US, the answer would most likely be “Yes”.

3)Never got drunk, maby a buzz at the most?
I drink fairly often. I haven’t been really drunk all that much. But the buzz happens occasionally.

4)Never had sex before getting married?
Au contraire. I’m not even maried yet, and I have all the sex I want (uhm, all I can get!).

No idea what the norm is, but I probably don’t fit it.

I’ve not smoked or drunk, but that’s because I don’t like the taste of either. I’ve never been able to understand why some people think virginity (or, as I prefer to call it, naiveté) is a virtue and experience is corruption.

I’m only 19, so I don’t qualify… but my masterful powers of clairvoyance tell me that I’m gonna die a virgin, with my lungs free of tobacco or pot, and my veins clear of anything sober-reducing.

I’m Mr. Optimism. Shoot me.

25 here and I also managed to accomplish all those things you mentioned by the time I was 18 and I don’t regret any of it. If I could go back and do it again, the only thing I would change is I would have more sex!

I have a lot of respect for people who can live without sex, drugs and alcohol, but the question remains - why would you want to?

Umm, sorry, I’m guilty on all 4 charges - so lock me up and throw away the key. :smiley:

Never smoked or did drugs
Never been drunk - heck, just one drink pretty much puts me to sleep
Waited for sex till I married at 29 - my personal choice and I don’t regret it

And despite all these boring things, I still like to think I’m a fascinating, intelligent, dynamic, fun-to-be-with kinda person.

No, really, I don’t do drugs!!!

I think it’s great. I did all of those things, and to be honest I really regret most of them. Being a crazy college kid was sort of fun, but I’m much happier now that I’m a boring old mom.

For me it depends on how technical you get. I have never smoked, I have never drinked, never done drugs… but I did manage to be intimate with my girlfriend… but we got married, so personally, I don’t count that one. Hey, I knew we were going to get married anyway so I figured “Why not?”

Never Smoked

I do - although I want to quit. After this one. Honest.

Never did illegal drugs

I did once, but it didn’t do a lot for me, plus I don’t know if weed really counts. As long as it’s under and eighth. :slight_smile:

Never Got Drunk

I have only once been ‘drunk’. That was after a friends funeral.

Never Had Sex

First time was with my (then) girlfriend as the grand old age of 21, we only split up a few months back.

FTR, I’m 24.