Amazing facts about North Korea

Well, these headlines and stories are meant for internal consumption. As does the average NK comrade in the street believes it? Well, keep in mind that not only were they raised on this sort of information, their parents were raised on it, and their grandparents were raised on it. And they’re not exposed to any contrary information.

While I’d like to agree with you, consider recent history.

Less than a score of jerks with box cutters collapsed two high-rise buildings, resulting in the deaths of less than 3,000 people. As a result, America went on a world-wide rampage of paranoia and violence which hasn’t ended yet.

What happens when a smallish nuke carves the heart of a West-coast city with a minimum prompt casualty count 10 times higher? I’m pretty sure it won’t be calm reflection.

No wonder he’s so full of shit.

That only works if millions suddenly do so in unison, which is highly improbable. As long as it’s only a few at a time, the regime puts them down with ease.

For what it’s worth, I was not aware the US did not start the Korean War (I didn’t have any idea who started it).

What happens when someone learns all those “facts” are false? I know about some of the people who escaped (under dire conditions) and then learned the truth. Have there ever been people who left NK more casually, and not under a life-threatening situation - who then learn about all the lies? For example, a defector from the Olympics or other international event who just walks away (I know they cannot easily do that under threat to their family). That’s gotta be hard to take - everything you have been taught as gospel your whole life being thrown-out.

Makes me wonder if there ever is a liberation of NK how long it will take convince people that Kim really does have to wipe himself and put on pants one leg at a time.

Agreed. I wasn’t suggesting that the US ought not go “on a world-wide rampage of paranoia and violence” (Great phrase BTW). I think that’s pretty much a given.

On 9/11 the US suffered a pinprick attack that killed only as many Americans as drunk drivers kill every single month, year in and year out. In response, the US public, egged on by the US media, self-inflicted trillions of dollars of damage to our own economy & stock market & employment stats with a wholly unnecessary recession driven entirely by a panicky & defeatist wimpy emotional response.

Which is exactly what Charlie is cheerleading for.

If, as demonstrated above, we can take a pinprick and parlay it into that kind of severe self-inflicted damage, imagine how much more defeated we can make ourselves when confronted with something that actually hurts and leaves a lasting wound, not something that just stings a bit.

That is amazing!

They waste one third of their road building budget just to pretend to bow down to the leader? That is really something. Really sad. People are starving and the govt is wasting their money on some stupid third lane?

Holy Kamoley!

Good post. Well done. I sure would not consider you to be a Know it All!

:slight_smile:

Caps are regular sized. It’s the heads that are teeny-tiny.

Do Russian highways have a middle lane that is for government use?

This is kind of interesting Transport in North Korea All of 450 miles of paved road. Everything else is gravel/dirt.

And really, if you do some reading about NK, that’s just the tip of the Holy Kamoley iceberg.

http://www.thecitizen.in/index.php/OldNewsPage/?Id=5186&10

North Koreans believe that during the occupation by Japanese “imperialists” in 1919, time was stollen. In 2015, Kim Jong-un decided enough is enough. North Korea set its clock back by 30 minutes on August 15th. VICTORY!!!

I’ll note that while I’ve heard this I’m not signing off on it being true. It could be just an example of the kind of crazy rumors that get started about how things are in North Korea.

Well to be fair, other areticles say “official government use” not just Kim himself.

Plus in the US some highways have lanes exclusive to emergency vehicles.

I think they came close to this during the famine where people were so hungry they finally were willing to stand up to the government.

What’s funny is the idea of needing a separate lane. A traffic jam in NK would be when more than one car is on the same road.