Amazing Race 3/25 (spoilers as always)

Big difference people from Long Island, the Jersey people are giving us a bad name LOL!

Its the people that hang out at the Jersey Shore that give NJ people a bad name. Thes Idiots (yes I have dated a few) should not be compared to the rest of the state.

I thought the Jersey boys made a great decision to pick a car with green apples, so that the red and yellow race flag would stand out a lot more clearly than with red apples.

But in general none of the tasks were that demanding. Scrapping an oily dude is a little weird, but not hard. Find one apple out of thousands is frustrating, but not hard. And getting out of the ‘sinking helicopter’ was nerve wracking, but also not really hard.

I think the hardest task was the Fast Forward, and Rachel did an amazing job with those, because they are really heavy.

Why does Vanessa feel it necessary to make fun of Rachel and Brendon? I really want to smack her. Brendon and Rachel are a strong team, they were strong on Big Brother obviously Rachel won. Looks like a cat fight next week.

It’s necessary to make fun of Rachel because she’s a histrionic idiot.

Why set her off though? She does enough whining without someone adding fuel to the fire. I hate the way Rachel is like a 2 year old but I respect her as a player because aside from her acting like a child she is a good competitor.

We don’t see the lead up so we don’t actually know who set who off but I think Vanessa might be one of those women who revert to high school when dealing with other women. I don’t think either of them are a beacon of light but at least Vanessa’s insanity seems to be limited to dealing with Rachel. Rachel’s is freely shared with the entire world.

I felt sorry for the oil guy this week. With no indication of any reaction from him at all she immediately leaps to “Oh I think he likes that I’m doing this” while she’s scraping the oil off.

LOL your right about the Oily guy and I have to agree about Rachel being shared with the world too. She made quite a spectacle of herself on Big Brother. She is obviously spoiled by Brendon who puts up with her tantrums. Its a shame because in reality Rachel is an intelligent woman she just has a very bad disposition when things don’t go her way.

Do you know Rachel IRL? This sounds like you do.

I thought this episode was pretty boring. I missed the last 10 minutes of it getting my son ready for bed, and I found that I just didn’t care.

LOL no I don’t know her IRL, I watched her 2 seasons on Big Brother that was enough to pretty much get to see who and what she is capable of.

Plus, can you imagine being around Rachel say, 15 hours a day, 7 days a week, for weeks at a time? Or being trapped on a 20 hour bus ride with her?

And then imagine her tantrums and hysterics detracting from a once-in-a-lifetime round the world race. I would have smacked her by now.

In what alternate Universe, besides the TAR universe, is a shoe-horn an appropriate device to clean crude oil off a human body?

I wonder if it really was a shoe horn, though. There are sweat scrapersfor horses that look like long shoehorns, but are meant to remove water (either from bathing or sweat, usually bathing).

StG

It’s cooler to call it a strigil. Props to AJ for making the Roman connection.

I refuse to believe someone who said “I have no idea what a beard is” is intelligent. Also Vanessa gets a pass because I think she is hilarious. And hot. But mostly because I find her funny. Mostly. She is pretty hot though :slight_smile:

Using “cheese and crackers!” as an exclamation four times in one episode (as a team) should be grounds for automatic elimination, though.

I was wondering about the cheese and crackers thing. Didn’t she get bleeped a few times in teh first couple episodes.

I like to think that one of the producers said “please stop swearing so much” so they decided that every other sentence out of their mouths would be “cheese and crackers.”

It worked out, but I don’t think they knew what they were looking for (the others didn’t seem to know) so it was probably luck.

As soon as I saw what the task was, I said, “Cool, strigils!” Then I was pleasantly surprised when AJ said the same thing.

Anyone who’s read as much Lindsey Davis as I have is very familiar with strigils.

There is no way in hell I’d choose to scrape oil off a guy’s body. I’m pretty squicky about laying my hands on anyone who isn’t a member of my family, and when you bring another person’s feet into the equation, I’m out. I’d do the apple thing twice before I’d do that.

Also, maybe it was my imaginiation but when Vanessa & George are picking through the apples, George said something about one of the guys nearby trying to check out her “melons” she said “I don’t think he can see my melons… but I am going commando!”

Did I hear that right?

There may have been a nonverbal reaction that would have required blurring if they showed it on TV.

I heard the same thing.

I can’t stand Rachel, but I found her charming at the oil task. Not charming for Rachel, but actual real-person charming. I just loved the way she said “Oh, this is real oil.” Totally won me over for that segment.

It was reminiscent of how Vanessa won me over early on with that food challenge where George (I thought his name was Ralph for some reason) said something like “I so want to eat that” and Vanessa chirped right up with “No joke.”

I don’t know what it was about those two moments, but I really connected with them. I still hate Rachel, though. And in an honest moment I have to admit that Vanessa appears to be a total bitch, but I still kinda like her.