"Ambiguously Gay Duo" feature film in the works - See Alex Ross poster!

Tommy Boy and Three Amigos! were at least as good as the first Wayne’s World, and unquestionably better than the second.

In other news: I can’t fucking believe it’s been a decade since Tommy Boy.

Guess I’d have to actually see it before making any kind of judgement.

What exactly are their powers anyway? I’ve forgotten.

No superpowers, per se. They have all sorts of gadgets.

I don’t remember Bill & Ted ever being a sketch.

That wasn’t my point. There’s nothing about ‘being a sketch’ which disqualifies a movie from being good. My point is that there have been plenty of good movies based on very thin source material. Hell, Bill and Ted’s ‘concept’ was probably no more sophisticated than some suit going, “Hey, let’s make a movie about a couple of valley idiots who go back in time!”

Whether it was a good movie or not comes down to, like all other movies, writing and acting.

NOTHING!

Well, they can fly (with Gary on Ace’s back), and when they hold hands and spin around, they can create a miniature hurricane. During the opening theme sequence, I believe we see Gary shooting some kind of beam from his eyes.

The third image on this website (the still for “Queen of Terror”) demonstrates, though whether these powers are innate or technological is unclear.

Or whether a particular producer has ever demonstrated the savvy to include sharp, funny screenwriters on his movie projects. The problem with the SNL skit movies has rarely been acting, but stupid unfunny forced scripts with weak lines and insultingly obvious story arcs.

On the other hand, Michaels’ is apparently not responsible for CORKY ROMANO, either.

Shyeah, right… And then monkeys might fly out of my butt.

You know what you can do with your little movie quality analysis? You can take a flying (inaudible) until handle breaks off, and you have to call a doctor to pull it out again!
Cisco is nobody’s friend. If Cisco were an ice cream flavor, he would be pralines… and dick.

Alex Ross also did a parody of his Kingdom Come covers for Lethargic Lad, even if my Google skills failed to turn up a link to the image. The guy’s sense of humor is long-established, IMO.

(And maybe it’s time for an Alex Ross appreciation thread, hmmm?)

Oh.

Yeah, but there’s an inherent problem with doing a movie about Ace and Gary. With Bill & Ted, the gag was that they were these sort of dim rocker guys. But the concept was flexible enough to support a lot of other ideas. Ace and Gary is nothing but a series of gay jokes. The concept sort of writes itself into a corner.

Not to mention putting a cameo of local TV legend Svengoolie (and his alter ego, Rich Koz) into one of his JLA graphic novels.