American Idol - 2/11/03

What, no predictions yet for tonight’s American Idol? :smiley:

Here’s the page of tonight’s contestants.

My predictions (hopes?) for the final three are:

Clay Aiken (the Rick Astley wannabe)
Kimberly Locke (Frenchie Davis’ duet partner in the semi-finals)
Ruben Stoddard (heavy black guy with a nice voice)

What do y’all think?

Hadas, Rebecca, and Rueben. Just guessing from pics.

I’m so torn on this one. Based on what we’ve seen of them so far, I’m rooting for at least 4 of them (your same three picks above, plus Hadas). I’m just going to have to watch/listen and decide based on how they actually perform tonight.

I simply adore that little Clay, though! I loved how the judges were all prepared to laugh at him or roll their eyes while plugging their ears and he just Blew Them Away.

I found an MP3 of him singing “Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me” and it’s pretty dang great IMO. I have no idea where it originated or if there are any copyrights on it, so I wouldn’t dream of linking it here. I think it’s a self-recorded song that he posted on the web somewhere and therefore there are no record labels that own the rights to it or anything. If anyone wants to hear it/download it for themselves, you can find it posted here at televisionwithoutpity. There are others linked on later pages of that thread, I just haven’t downloaded them, so can’t give an opinion one way or another.

I can’t wait for tonight’s show!

Jadis, my picks are the exact same as yours. It’s too bad that only two of them will go on.
But yes, we will have to see just how the perform tonight.

It’s too bad Canadians can’t call in their votes. :frowning:

I will watch tonight, but I’ve been out of things for a while. Did the girl who sang “Fever” make it to the semi-finalist stage? I’ve been wondering about her.