American Idol 2/13--Hooray for Hollywood!

I have lots of “what happened to…”? (like Really Tall Black Girl, and Sexy McJailbait, and Pedi-Cab Girl). But I imagine All Shall Be Revealed tonight, so I’ll hold my questions.

:smiley: I wouldn’t even dare try. I’m a terrible klutz. I have tried reading on the treadmill before and it didn’t work at all.

If Pedi-Cab girl changed her lip-ring to a stud, she was in the ‘yes room.’

I didn’t see pretty black rollerskate girl, though. Wonder if she made it though.

Nah- you suck it up and belt it out. You’re not always going to love the song, but you have to sell it anyway. It’s called performing.

I’ll bet Amanda secretly knew that she had her part down, and went off with the boys in order to deny her partners the practice that they still needed!

Just one more post to keep my cynicism going: he only did that to make a good impression on the people that will be voting in the future. It was a blantant attempt to gain sympathy. Didn’t you notice how careful he was to cry right into the camera? :dubious:

Video of the beatboxing group is up on YouTube (for now, at least).

I really enjoyed the Beatboxing guys. They could just form their own band and take off right now. I liked Chris Sligh a lot as well.

The group with the beatboxer stood out for several reasons, the least of which is they had a beatboxer.

They apparently picked a song that allowed all to sing together, rather than one that calls for a lead singer and backup singers. The three regular singers had nice three-part harmony, in which each individual shone and the group had maximum impact. They incorporated the beatboxing into their presentation, letting the beater shine but not holding him up as a freak/novelty. And the beater sang vocals for the ending, demonstrating he’s not a one-trick pony.

In short, they put it together so that each one sounded good and the group sounded good. Damn fine job of making the most of that assignment.

I think Chris Sligh is beginning to float toward the top for me as well. I know this is going to sound positively out of left field and crazy, but his voice reminds me of Elton John. It doesn’t need any tremolo. Very pure. And very pleasant to the ear.

Not crazy at all. I was trying to place who I thought he sounded like, and you figured it out for me.

And of course, I meant early Elton. Before the throat surgery. :slight_smile:

My cable went out last night and American Idol didn’t get recorded. Is the show rerun on cable or available online?

Is Jack Osbourne still in?

Yes. (His name is Chris Sligh).

Just the preview of Chris made me chuckle.

“You guys are probably wondering why I called this meeting today.”

Oh, my Tami. sigh

Sanjay is Paula Abul’s love child, isn’t he?

I think Sanjaya really is that shy. How on earth is he going to survive the show? Is it just me, or did like one person clap for him? Poor kid.

At least the kid can always be a dentist if this doesn’t pan out. I have never seen such perfect teeth in my life.

I don’t know why, and I say this at risk of dating myself terribly, but … Sanjaya reminds me very much of Leif Garret or Shaun Cassidy with that haircut. You know, before Leif became a total druggie wastoid and Shaun starting making really awesome but equally weird TV shows.