American Idol 2/15....

I kind of like that Jacee kid. He seemed nervous, but he has a pure voice and he’s egoless. The kind of kid that makes you want to stick up for him. I’m glad he hooked up with Teen Geddy Lee and made it through.

I can’t stand that kid with the stupid Elton John glasses that kicked him out. It was also kind of disingenuous for that shitkicker kid with the deep voice to all of a sudden decide he wanted to defend Jacee 4 seconds after saying “It’s cool” about having kicked him out. He’s kind of a one trick pony too. What’s he going to do, sing “Elvira” every week?

What happened to Cowboy named John Wayne? was he eliminated last week? Or did I just miss him today? I am about 30 minutes behind and only casually paying attention, Most of the drama is getting FF.

They showed him singing terribly for about ten seconds.

I forgot the words…

Jacee reminds me totally of my high school boyfriend’s little brother. Similar voice, look, and build.

(As an aside, the little brother grew up, lost the weight, and is still singing, so presumably finally hitting puberty didn’t damage his voice as much as I fear it might damage Jacee’s.)

That’s “That guy” right? He reminds me of a McPoyle.

I’m glad they got rid of the ego girl.

I was hoping they’d dump Lambert2.0 just based on the fact that he’s Lambert2.0. In fact, I really hope at some point, someone pulls him off to the side and says “Listen, no one wants to hear you screech every single week. We all listened to that last year and if you do it this year, you’ll get voted off early. Here and there, sure. But Every.Single.Song. is just going to be annoying.”

The girls that did Blu Cantrell’s Hit Em Up Style did an amazing job. What was odd was the little speech the judges gave them right before they went on about how all the other groups had been really shitty and they better knock this out of the park. Come to think of it, this seems to happen every year. I assume they have that speech set to go and the producers either tell them that someone really good (or rather, promising based on what they’ve seen) is coming on or they purposely hold back a good group until they’ve had 4 or 5 crappy ones in a row so they can do that.

Also, when on earth do the groups have time to rehearse with the back-up band? Surely they must!

I assume they make an appointment once they settled on a basic arrangement. I’d also assume that there’s several backup bands seeing as how there’s 39 groups. Also, they were all carrying around a burned CDs so I would assume once the arrangement is decided on the band plays a final version and burns it for them so they have something to work with for the rest of the night.

Is that Harvard girl still in the competition? I only caught the last 30 minutes of the show.

Missed the last 2 or 3 minutes results. The former couple and the blonde. What happened?

The guy was a wreck and ad libbed all the lyrics. The girls moved on to the next round.

I thought I hated Danny Gokey, but I hate this kid much, much more, based on much, much less. I would like to move that his nickname be “Doucheglasses.”

My husband and I agreed that Doucheglasses kicked Jacee out because he wasn’t pretty enough for the group.

We were so glad when the whiny little bitch who looks like Giovanni Ribisi got kicked out right at the end. Buh-bye! Learn the three whole lines you have to sing next time, idiot.

I don’t like that they allow 15 and 16 year old kids in the competition. AI will, presumably, be around in 2 years. Let them wait until they mature a little bit and are able to compete without their moms.

Randy gave the pity card to Jacee, which was very kind, but if the judges were truly judging talent, his performance was very weak. Good for drama, and for humanity, but it’s another reason why 15 year old kids have no place in a cut-throat competition.

I hate that I’m so shallow that I think that the redhead who welcomed Jacee in at the last minute will never make it far because he looks like the love child of Carrot Top and Geddy Lee. He has talent and he’s kind. That should be enough.

Wished the entire 4+1 act would have been eliminated on the grounds that they were big meany heads.

The girl band who shamelessly exploited Steve Tyler (if that’s possible) should have either completely vamped it up or played it funny. But the sexy Mormon version was just lame.

What on earth compelled the rejected dude to pair up with his ex-girlfriend during the group round? He was one of the few with actual talent, but he threw away his chance because he was mooning over her. (And, frankly, I would have told all three of them to pack their bags.)

He was obviously still trying to get her back, and she, just as obviously, wasn’t having it.

I have to disagree with that. He was nervous and a little hesitant, but his voice is very good, he was on key, didn’t forget the words, and the judges say they make their decision based on prior performances as well. He does have talent, he just needs a boat load of coaching and mentoring.

I thought Jacee did forget the words, but as you say, previous performances were taken into account (more for some than others, though).

Was it just me, or did the trainwreck who quit then came back look like she was staggering when she came back? I sense lots of drama with that one.

And once again, a big :mad: to all the kids who want to be popstars yet don’t seem to listen to current pop music. I’m a 44 year old housewife, and I knew every song on the show last night. Cee-Lo and Bruno Mars both won Grammys this weekend - they’re not exactly obscure.

Her nickname in our household is Crack Whore.

No doubt. He needs to move on. Perhaps now he can.

She looks more like a meth-head to me, but she has nice legs. Probably just a tragic hairstyle and baggy eyes, combined with a gap toothed smile. (That’s a terrible thing to say about someone, I know…)

I was disappointed to see her confide in her boyfriend regarding whether she should stay or go on. Those kids should leave all of their baggage, including their parents, at home.