American Idol 2/29 and beyond.

I was expecting a better performance from Brenna with that song choice.

I feel exactly the opposite. Last week I liked her - that ‘duck’ comment was brilliant. I agree that she’s smart, and I have enjoyed her antics, but she’s just not that good. She also felt more desperate this week. Not good enough to compete with this crowd, anyway. With such natural talents as Lisa and Katharine and Paris? I can stand Brenna one more week if the Pickler really tanks and deserves the boot. Otherwise, I think she’s done.

I think this is the wrong key for Paris. She’s missing some of those low notes. She should have bumped this up a couple of steps.

Paris has the vocals, but she showed almost no stage presence.

She looks so pretty and 12.

That’s the best I’ve heard Paris since the opening auditions. But she really should bring it up a half an octive.

Why oh why is Heather pulling my sweet little Paris into the Pit of Crappy Glurge? Let’s have Mandisa sing Lean On Me next to complete a great Trifecta of Suck that will conquer the world and turn it into a middle school talent show.

Great minds think alike. Or simple minds share one idea. You decide.

Remember that whole thing about the Glurge Trinity?

Yeah.

Kellie Pickler: I came over on the big metal bird and stayed in enormous huts of brick!

I’m officially sick of the Pickler. I wish she’d at least try a pop song. This isn’t Hee Haw.

I agree with all the judges on Basketball Girl. I like her a lot more than I thought I would but she’s still. . . I don’t know.
Oh boy does The Picklers “aw shucks” schtick annoys me. Still, I don’t want her to go because I’d miss typing The Pickler. And oh, she doing a country song I like! She’s O.K. but I think she could have done much better with it.

I love this girl.

I agreed with the judges completely on Ayla, but I found Pickler forgetable.

Does anyone know how they pick the order? Do they draw straws or do the producers use some kind of formula?

I don’t know where the judges got the idea that Pickler is likable. I’m getting to where I can’t stand her. I think her whole act is fake. I think even her accent is fake - or at least exaggerated for effect.

Would it be too easy to say Kellie has the same strengths and weaknesses as Carrie Underwood?

Good voice, annoying yee-haw backstory, robotic performance.

That said, I think she’s the best so far tonight.

I was just today wondering when someone was going to sing “Cry”! Great song. Telepathy!

I like Mandisa. No, check that. I love Mandisa. But dang! Her butt is really big. That swoop in the back of her dress does not hide it.
She was the best tonight.

Mandisa and Lisa were the only standouts tonight for me.

Here’s my personal list, best to worst:

Mandisa
Kellie
McGhee
Brenna
Lisa Tucker
McPhee
Paris
Ayla
Heather
Kinnik

Mandisa was the top dog in a night of epic mediocrity.

I predict America will agree and send Heather and Kinnik home on Thursday.