American Idol 3/23-3/24

This actually IS supposed to be a competitive event where degrees of difficulty count.

Andrew- “Heard it thru the grapevine.”

I don’t know how to respond to that, but if I could work it out, it wouldn’t be a positive response.

Why is Hannah Montana dressed like a whore? Why does her father allow that? Does she have a mother? I never see anything about her mother. If she has a mother, then why does her mother allow her to dress like a whore?

Neck Tat was very average, by the way. I don’t know why I ever thought he was a frontrunner.

Bad, bad song choice by Andrew. No way to make this song sound current. All I see are claymation raisins.

Bah. Music is to be enjoyed.

This is a show where a specific ability is allegedly being judged competively.

I liked Simon’s pause when he said, “you SUCKED…the soul out of that song.” I guess the message is received on who to dump this week. see you later, Andrew. maybe you can make enough money from your 15 seconds to be able to have that ink lasered off of your neck.

Miley’s mother is sitting next to her.

Husband, who is a reluctant Idol watcher, says that Crystal’s performance was the best he heard on the show since David Cook.

Katie was terrible. Why do they like this?

Katie was good tonight. I give her props for choosing a song from this decade and showing a little bit more personality… felt less studied than usual, for her. More genuine. Not sure what Fergie’s version sounds like, but presumably like shit and Katie niced it up a little.

OK, found the original… not much different, a lot less crappy mixing than they usually do on her stuff. Video is kinda easy to watch too.

I’m watching on DVR and just started, so I don’t know if this has already been brought up, but something occurred to me: They can’t use the “judge’s save” tomorrow.

The tour is the top 10, and if they used the save, there would be no actual “top 10”. This week is the top 11, and next week would have the double-elimination to make a top 9.

So what happens if someone like Bowersox were to somehow get the boot tomorrow?

(And since he’s about to start, I wonder if Dewyze singing “The Letter” has anything to do with Alex Chilton’s passing?)

What do ANY of these song choices have to do with “teen idols?”

Yeah, didn’t get that at all.

Oh, and I also liked Crystal.

Clearly, your husband doesn’t understand how simple that song was, and that Janis did it better. If he were fully cognizant of these facts, he’d hate her with the white-hot fury of a thousand suns. He should really leave this sort of thing to those who are better qualified. :wink:

I’m guessing it wasn’t a coincidence, Hal (commented on it above).

I like Katie well enough, she seems to be trying really hard, doing her best, all those things we always tell our kids to do. The pitch thing, though, they heard tens of thousands of singers and they always manage to put through a few who can’t hear themselves or the music right? Isn’t that what all that winnowing is supposed to do?

The theme is Billboard #1s, any genre.

Man, Casey really sounds like Huey Lewis. If I wasn’t watching I’d think he was on the show for a live performance (and sounding good for his age).

ROFL at “I’m a big fan of your dad’s” from Casey. Not a bad rendition of an awful, awful song. He’s doing nothing different, though–still standing in the same spot and not moving, smiling vacantly into the cameras. Best vocal of the night my ass, though. Crystal and Big Mike have him beat. Totally agree with Simon. That song was old when it was released.

Casey can sing. There is something so nice to listen to about his voice.

I kinda like the song. :shrugs: