American Idol 3/29-30

During the recap, I didn’t watch the tv, and Nadia sounded just like Melissa Ethridge to me.

Nobody really stood out for me tonight. I guess Nadia, Vonzel and Bo were a’ight. Scott was way off his game tonight. I couldn’t stand that yodelling thing that Carrie was doing. Nikko was ok. I’m guessing that Jessica, Scott and maybe Anthony will be bottom three and I fear for Scott. If it was up to me I’d fire Carrie but I’ll settle for Jessica.

My rankings (while it’s still fresh in my mind)

Vonzell
Nadia

Everybody except. . .

Nikko
Scott

I think Scott’s gone. I’ll miss my scary looking friend.

I’m voting tonight. Only for Nikko, because I thought he did very well, and I see that I’m probably in the minority. His attutude is kind of a turn-off, though.

Is it a bad thing that I fell asleep during the commercial before Nikko and didn’t wake up until Carrie was singing. I had to rewind the Tivo to listen to what I’d missed.

My bottom three would probably be Anthony, Anwar, and a toss up between Jessica and sob Scott.

It’s funny, when I heard that song, I closed my eyes, then thought, “Man, I wouldn’t have sung that, because Melissa Etheridge does it better.”

Oh yeah, last bottom spot-- Nikko, Anwar and Scott with Scott getting the boot.

Hope I’m wrong.

I missed Bo’s performance. pout
Anwar, Anthony and Scott seemed to be a bit shaky tonight but I like all of them. Unfortunately Scott or Anthony may be the one to go.

Nadia did well and I hope she can stay consistent from now on. Carrie and Jessica do not interest me. I feel like I am watching Country Idol when they perform and personality wise, neither of them seem very interesting. Vonzell also isn’t very interesting. Yet, all three are good singers, I just don’t really want to see any of them win.

Constantine … I really wanted to see him go but he’s been managing not to completely suck. I don’t think he can make it to the final two but he’s probably safe again this week.

Nikko, I think he’s okay but I think he’s also a bit dull as well. He may be able to hang on a little longer but I don’t see him making it more than a few more weeks.

I hate 90s music, and tonight did nothing to change that. Every single song was an utter suckfest. Towards the end of the show, I was sitting there wishing I’d gotten some laundry done…and then came Vonzell! She almost made it worth sitting through the rest of the show.
I agree that Scott should go home first.

I think Anwar is really beautiful, and I like him a lot.

Except that he always always always sounds out of tune to me. Every single time, my ears tell me he’s extremely flat.

I want to like him. I think he’s terrible. But if he goes, I won’t have anyone to ogle. That sucks.

I’m so glad Vonzell blew it outta the park, I got goosepimply and everything. :smiley:

Good and I likee - Carrie, Bo and Vonzell

Alright but I don’t care - Anthony and Jessica

Decent performance by people I dislike - Smirky McSmarmovitch

Bad - Nikko, Nadia, Anwar and Scott

Queen Tonya, I am with you 1000%!

Bo, whom I would love to see win, did the same performance two weeks ago. He should have done She Talks To Angels if he was going to do Black Crows. I was thinking that in my car just the other day. I do love his voice.

Carrie is predictable in a good way and she was my favorite girl, but Vonzell has really earned my respect.

I’ve given up on Anwar, who was also a favorite.

My husband and I don’t get Nikko at all. We think he’s the Mayor of Pitchyville and we admit it might be because we don’t know a single song he sings, but it’s more than that.

Scott sucked tonight.
Paula was SO drunk!

I don’t know that Nadia has the range for it. I think she did a fine job …
Ooops! I guess I don’t completely agree with Queen Tonya ! Sorry!

I would be fascinated if people called in about Paula and there was a scandal. I was about to say I would love it, but I would feel bad for her and all, even as I was all over the internet reading up on it.

Cuz it’s The Night Of One Thousand Percentages! :smiley:

Hey, I love Nadia, love her gritty sexiness and her hair and her attitude and a teeny little part of me I try to deny loves her because I can listen to her and go “I could do that!” I can’t sing Whitney or even a decent Martina, wouldn’t even try, but Nadia reminds me that there’s hope for 9-note range singers everywhere.

She’s had a good run, if she survives tomorrow it’s borrowed time.

Love Anwar too, he’s pretty and sweet and when he’s dead-on, his voice is like melting butter. Dunno what’s going on with him not being on, but too bad, so sad, sorry bout yer bad luck, just not consistently good enough.

Nikko I gave up watching, can’t understand the lyrics and hate his stupid bobby brown glasses, I just don’t care if he’s talented and I’m missing it somehow.

Scott’s been skeeving me out since the auditions, although I admit the boy can blow. He can take his Deliverance/gansta thug ass right offa the stage, when you’ve got that much going against you, you better not be sharp and nasally and doing some horrific Peter Brady voice cracking puberty version of Brian McNight!

Yes, yes it is.

I am so with you about Nikko!

Rick’s Review:

Bo Bice, “Remedy”

Mediocre song choice. He’s a talented performer but this was a pretty dull presentation. He’ll survive, of course, but will need more in the next few weeks to remain a front-runner. 5/10

Jessica Sierra, “On the Side of Angels”

Mediocre. Bad song choice. I can’t shake the feeling there’s a marvelous singer in there somewhere but she will soon run out of chances to prove it. 4/10
Anwar Robinson, “I Believe I Can Fly”

Atrocious; as bad as any Mikaylah Gordon performance. I thought he was good before but I don’t know what’s happened to him; he couldn’t hit a note and delivered it terribly. 0/10

We all joke about Paula Abdul being drunk, but in all seriousness, this week she was either drunk or on drugs. She can barely open her eyes, weaves back and forth, and slurs her words. She is clearly not sober.

Nadia Turner, “I’m The Only One”

A confident performer but a C-grade singer; probably not one of the 1,000 best singers who auditioned. She’ll make it more weeks on her performing ability but eventually her voice will get her eliminated. 4/10

Constantine Maroulis, “I Can’t Make You Love Me”

Someone said a few weeks ago that Constantine is some sort of evil genius. I’m starting to believe it. I don’t think he’s great, but like a crafty old pitcher who can’t throw hard anymore, he keeps tossing curveballs that keep you off balance. I wouldn’t have guessed in a million years he’d attempt that song, so by doing it competently, he surprised me, positively, again. Probably the best SONG anyone did tonight, one of the truly great songs in popular music history, and it’s all about song choice. I’m starting to think he might make Final 3. 6/10

Nikko Smith, “Can We Talk”

It’s hard to cheer for a guy whose Dad is going to leave him millions of dollars; he doesn’t NEED to win, does he? Still, he seems like a nice kid, and it was a very good performance. He is getting better. 7/10

Anthony Fedorov, “The Way You Look Tonight”

Okay singer, will finish seventh or eighth. He was nothing special, just like he was last week and the week before and just like he will be next week. 5/10

Carrie Underwood, “Independence Day”

I don’t understand what “It factor” the girl could possibly have; she has a pretty, clear voice, but is visibly frightened on stage, has no performance ability whatsoever other than straight singing, and she doesn’t have a GREAT set of pipes. Will last, and could win, but she needs to branch out from country and get herself a little confidence for when things get hairy in the later rounds. Could grow as the show goes on like Diana DeGarmo did last year. 7/10

Scott Savol, “One Last Cry”

He’s a one trick pony and he didn’t do that one trick very well this week. He would be a worthless recording artist; he has exactly one act and one song in him and watching a concert featuring Scott Savol would be a grim task indeed. Vocally, I can hear four or five better performances in one hour of karaoke. Deserves to be voted off, but Anwar deserves it more, so he’ll get another chance. 2/10

Vonzell Solomon, “I Have Nothing”

Excellent, as she was last week, and at this point obviously the best in the competition. 8/10

I’d really like to hear Nadia do M’chele N’Dgeochello (I hope that’s close) version of "Who Is He and What is He to You’, since she’s working the alternate lifestyle tip. Love her! And Vonzel just keeps getting better. She’s so pretty!
I didn’t hate Connie, and I feel dirty.
I can’t even look at Afed, the throat rectum keeps winking at me.
Anwar is gorgeous and sang every single note but the ones that appeared in that song. Darn him!
I can’t understand the Simon love for Carrie, she does nothing for me, and Jessica does nothing twice. But at least I enjoy Jessica’s lack of neck.
We’ve been trying to pin down just what Paula enjoys as a pre-show cocktail. I’m going with Percocet and tequila.

Baby Got Back is too old, I think.

Paula’s dad is Syrian, and her mother is Canadian.

It’s interesting to see how the contestants develop as the weeks go by. Some that I thought were dead solid have faltered (Anwar, Nadia) and some that I thought were awful have bounced back (Constantine).

SAFE this week:

• Bo. I love the Crowes, and he did the song justice. Not his best night, but he’s got nothing to worry about.
  • Nadia. Did a decent job. Will get some rebound votes after being in the bottom three last week. All in all though, she’s slipping.
  • Constantine. Huge fan base. Has managed for the past three weeks to be surprisingly not horrible.
  • Carrie. I don’t like her, but apparently a lot of people (particularly Simon) do.
  • Vonzell. Looking more and more like a top contender.

ON SHAKY GROUND:

• ** Jessica.** Simon was right about the likeability factor. I wish I could like her more.
  • ** Anwar.** Randy was right. For two weeks, Anwar has started off badly and then pulled it off in the second half of the song. He can’t keep doing that and stay in the competition. It may be the theme nights that are hurting him: his best performances so far have been “Moon River” and “Wonderful World”.
  • Nikko. I like him, but he doesn’t have a fan base, and he just doesn’t thrill.
  • Anthony. When he’s good, he’s very, very good, but he’s not consistently good. His song choices are boring, and he needs to find songs that are good for him all the way through.
  • Scott. Oh, dear. He took a risk, and it didn’t work. Turns out he has no range.

The bottom three: Nikko, Anthony, and Scott.
Who will go: Nikko.

Please honey, she was on something a lot stronger than Pucker.

I have never before tonight joined in with the “Paula is drunk” tonight crowd but it was so obvious it couldn’t be mistaken. I can’t believe that she would appear in public like that - she’s always been the goody two-shoes girl in so many ways. I thought she was going to fall over on Randy when they were discussing Anwar and it almost seemed like he was afraid she was going to fall and was watching her very closely.
On preview:

Baby Got Back was '92.