American Idol 3/29-30

I hate to say it but that was a pretty good vocal by Connie. The more he drops the rocker pose and just goes with his real theater identity the better he does.

No, ConstantSuck you can’t make me love you if I don’t!

Exactly. I can’t believe Simon was comparing him to Bo as if their performances tonight had anything in common.

I will confess, though, that when I closed my eyes I could almost like ConnieCheese tonight. Then I opened them and got slimed.

Nikko’s song reminds me of college. And, in an update, Paula is still drunk.

I just don’t like Nikkos voice. He reminds me of Al B Sure! (Yeah, he spelled it with an exclamation point) who could not sing but with a lot of help from tricks and editing, made a few hit R&B records waaaay back in the day.

I’m 100% with Simon. I really don’t like Anthony.

I liked The Throat.
Really, I can’t stop looking at that spot even if it’s covered up.

I don’t like country.

Me neither.

I think this may be it for Scott.

Did I mention Paula is drunk?

You didn’t hear pitchy because you’re drunk, Paula. I don’t want him to go, but that was not excellent and I don’t think Scott is going to get any breaks.

bowler guy just asked “were there no good songs in the 90’s?”

I thought you guys were just fooling around about Paula being smashed! :eek: :o Keep it up, Paula, and I’ll have another great reason to watch the show.

Scott needs to go far far away.

She’s got the pipes to do Whitney. My fingers are crossed.

Vonzell gave me goosebumps, for real.

Yay! That was great. She looked great, too.

I want some of what Paula’s on.

Bo Bice - Remedy (The Black Crowes) - Wow, he’s just so awesome. I didn’t love the hat but I love the clothes and he sounds amazing. Sometimes I wonder why he’s even in this competition. I can’t believe that he won’t be signed even if he doesn’t win. Randy says “yo man”…he likes the outfit and he would love to see a rocker win the competition this year. Paula says she adores him and he did an awesome job. Simon says he didn’t like the song and he thinks the problem was it was a little bit like something you see at a wedding. I really have to disagree with that. It was more like something you see at a rock concert, if you ask me. He’s majorly hot this week. Red is a good color for him.

Jessica Sierra - On the Side of Angels (Leann Rimes) - I was not impressed. She was flat in a few places. It’s not the best Leann Rimes song I’ve heard. Randy says it wasn’t his favorite choice but she sang it well, she was consistent. Paula says that the song didn’t showcase her vocals and she need to push for better songs. Simon says that for some reason she doesn’t have the same likability factor that the other contestants do. He says there are some great Leann Rimes songs and that’s not one of them.

Anwar Robinson - I Believe I Can Fly (R. Kelly) - This is one of his worst performances in my opinion. He’s flat but nails the last note. Randy says he was pitchy because of his lower notes. It was just ok for him. Paula says she has never heard such an incredible, original version of the song on American Idol. She’s acting WEIRD. Simon says that Paula needs to buy a new CD collection. Simon says that Randy was spot-on. He says the first half of the song wasn’t good enough.

Nadia Turner - I’m the Only One (Melissa Etheridge) - Good start, I think she’s getting better at perfoming. I like it. She has a strong voice for this range and she’s pulling through it even though she’s a bit hoarse. Randy says she’s not the best singer but she’s a good perfomer and she made something out of that song. Paula says miles better than last week and she’s back. Simon says it’s a 1000% improvement from last week but he’s nervous about that song because it’s not a great melodic song.

Constantine Maroulis - I Can’t Make You Love Me (Bonnie Raitt) - What did he do to his hair? The beginning was a little shaky but he improved it as it went on. He’s growing a goatee or something - ugh. It’s too sappy and too slow I think. The crowd didn’t get overly excited either. Randy says “so dude, you know what? it was your best vocal performance by a mile”. Paual says that she agrees with him and it was his best. Simon says that he did better than Bo tonight. :eek: He says that he appealed to his target audience and his target audience will love that. Were we watching the same thing?

Nikko Smith - Can We Talk (Tevin Campbell) - No. Just no. That thing he did at the beginning? No! The singing is actually very good. I think it’s one of his best yet. Randy says he doesn’t know what happened but he’s the most improved and he blew it out tonight. Paula says she’s so proud of him. Simon says he thinks it was a breath of fresh air and it was quite a good copy of the original.

Anthony Fedorov - The Way You Look Tonight (Elton John) - He’s not wearing his glasses. He misses a note on the hook. I was almost impressed until then. I don’t think he has a chance to win this competition though he shouldn’t be out this week. He hits some nice notes at the end. Randy says it was aight. Paula says he did a great job. Simon grimaces and says he wants to be nice because he likes Anthony but in parts it was excruciating. Paula says which parts? He replies beginning, middle and end.

Carrie Underwood - *Independence Day *(Martina McBride) - She looks very nice. This is a HARD song to sing. She’s doing well, though she started off shakier than I would have liked. She is making the song her own in a few places but pulling that off well. She’s keeping the parts that Martina did that make it such a great vocalist song. Overall it was pretty good. Randy says great, great, great, great, great performance. He says he loves her and it was the best performance of the night. Paula says she sounded wonderful, she loves it when she sings country. Simon says she has something different - the “it factor”.

Scott Savol - One Last Cry (Brian McKnight) - He starts off flat. He lost the hat this week, thankfully. It’s still flat. He totally missed a high note. What is that thin line of hair above his lip? I thought he had a blister or something when I first noticed it. This is a bad performance, he’s going to get reamed by the judges. It was awful. Randy says it was a very ambitious song. It was aight and it was pitchy. Paula says she didn’t hear pitchy at all. She’s drunk and high. Simon says he used the karaoke reference before and based on that performance if he was sitting in a karaoke bar he would shut the microphone off. Let me show you where the switch is.

Vonzell Solomon - I Have Nothing (Whitney Houston) - Interesting song choice. No one chose TOP songs by their artist this week. She does this very well. She is absolutely gorgeous! I can’t get over how pretty she looks tonight. She’s also singing VERY well. She should be completely safe this week. Awesome and beautiful. I loved it. Randy says the girls are on fire tonight. He says she was the bomb tonight. Paula says that she sang higher than Whitney and America is falling in love with her and she outsang the other girls. Simon says that three weeks ago he would have thought her attempt at Whitney would have been suicide but she pulled it off.
My bottom three this week: Scott, Scott, Scott, Scott, Scott.

He’s going home.