American Idol 4/22 and 4/23

I agree with the judges – she’s definitely better suited to musical theater than straight singing. It sounded like ALW agreed; maybe she’ll end up on Broadway like Fantasia.

I’m at work but recording it. What’d she sing?

OK, I’m NOT liking Memory on Jason Castro.

I hate this. I hate this song, I hate him singing it, I hate his face. WTF is he wearing? I’ve never wanted something to be over so much in my whole life and Kristy Lee was only sent home last week.

OMG, that was terrible.

I actually didn’t recognize the song (I’m not a big showtunes guy), it was an uptempo, jazzy, very Broadway kind of thing. I didn’t recognize it from JCS which is the onlu ALW show I’m really versed in.

Castro just did “Memories,” and sounded kind of breathy.

Syesha did a kind of jazzy thing that I didn’t know but it was damned good, the best she’s done.

WRONG SONG CHOICE JASON! You should have talked to me. You would have killed with “Any Dream Will Do”

And goddamn it, I officially like Andrew Lloyd Webber now, as a person. :cries:

Poor Jason. Not his night at all.

That was the worst rendition ever on prime time. It was horrible. Go away Castro.

Sy sang something like “Another Rock and Roll”? I don’t know, I’d never heard it. Simon commented she was very sexy. He was right. Very sexy, very flirtatious.

Jason singing Memories…definitely not a good match. But he tried.

ETA: And he’ll get millions of pity votes from his fangirl brigade, too, I’m sure. He’s not going anywhere this week.

I think this was Syesha’s song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDpS_6auAwM

(but she was much better)

If Castro was going to do “Memories,” he should have done it in the vein of that Hawaiian “Over the Rainbow” thing – plunk on a uke and make it really uptempo.

The song is called Memory

HAHAHAHAHAHAA. Go home, seriously.

She looks like she has no idea what to do with her face. Like she was trying too hard to capture whatever it is that Andrew had tried to explain to her.

Huh? Brooke gets a do-over?

Oh, Brooke, honey, you should have just glossed over the slip. Start over? Seriously?

Wow, Brooke had another insanely poised false start. She deals with that so well, it doesn’t seem to hurt her like it does other folks on this show.

Brooke is boring me. Now we know she’d make a terrible Evita. Honestly, Madonna blows her out the water on that song–Madonna.

I’m kinda surprised - I thought Brooke would do this song well.

At least you’re man enough to admit it, and that’s the first step on the road to recovery. The second requires a choreographer.

That was weird.