[QUOTE=Der Trihs]
I never even implied that I believe any such thing. I was simply pointing out that there’s little difference between thinking you are better because you are an American, and between thinking you are better because you’re white. Or black, or whatever.
[/QUOTE]
Of course you implied it. You projected your own prejudices on others by proxy…i.e. you decided what YOU think others think. And to me, such projection says something in and of itself. YMMV.
Leaving that aside, there is a big difference between believing one is better because one is an American (of any race or creed), and out and out racism (i.e. I’m better than you because I’m brown and you are white). We would call someone fixated on their supposed superiority as an American nationalistic…while someone fixated on their superiority through the fiction of race a racist. That you don’t see the distinction again says something about you…if indeed you really don’t see the distinction. :dubious:
[QUOTE=Der Trihs]
And I never said otherwise. There are millions of Americans who disagree.
[/QUOTE]
If you didn’t say it for yourself then you are again projecting your own obvious prejudice on others…and I still resent the implications that I’m somehow not a ‘real’ citizen. As I’m not as angry anymore, I will withdraw the knee jerk ‘fuck you’…I’m sorry about that at least.
You need to dig up a cite though that the majority of American’s feel this way…or even that a large minority feel this way. Otherwise you need to rephrase your statement to reflect that this is your biased opinion only.
[QUOTE=Der Trihs]
If you weren’t completely misreading or distorting what I said, you might have a point; as it is, you don’t.
[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Der Trihs]
Except for being near identical.
[/QUOTE]
Sure…a horse is just like an elephant too. Except for all the differences. Except in the mind of someone who see’s a horse and an elephant as similar of course.
[QUOTE=Der Trihs]
Offhand, WWII comes to mind, when many Japanese Americans were put into camps because it was assumed they were loyal to Japan.
[/QUOTE]
This is the best example you could come up with?? An event that took place over 6 decades ago?? Wow. Does the term ‘you are reaching’ come to mind? Probably not considering.
You are going to need to do better in the cite department than this I’m afraid…though I doubt you will, as be both know that except for some loony websites out there the data isn’t going to support your claim. Don’t we?
[QUOTE=Der Trihs]
That attitude continues today;
[/QUOTE]
And yet, you offer nothing to back up your wild ass claim. Imagine that…
[QUOTE=Der Trihs]
I see people claim on a regular basis that the Mexicans/Chinese/Arabs whatever who have moved here are all loyal to their birth nations and are just waiting to betray us to them.
[/QUOTE]
And I see fringe loons claiming that the world is flat, or some other such non-sense, from time to time. I however recognize them for what they are…fringe loons. Not mainstream opinion. Do you have any evidence that the majority (or even a large minority) of American’s believe as you claim? Or are you to be counted in the category of fringe folken who make wild claims with no basis? Feel free to cite some reputable sources backing up your claim.
Just as an aside, you are the first person to ever claim that THIS mexican wasn’t a real citizen, wasn’t a loyal citizen, or was still loyal to mexico…or some other such non-sense. You get the implication? Or does it float past you?
-XT