America's Got Talent - spoilers

It’s ALL edited like that and it drives me absolutely insane.

There are A LOT of illuminated outfit acts. I guess they were paying attention to Fighting Gravity and ArcAttack*.

*OK, ArcAttack wasn’t exactly a glow-in-the-dark suit wearing act, but close enough.

I don’t understand what the last guy did – were the popsickle sticks somehow under strain? Bowed somehow, so they’d straighten out explosive once released somehow?

It was one of those neat things to watch, but I simply don’t see it as a Vegas act.

Basically. Here’s his website (ugly, but there is a link to a video where he explains how to build the things): http://www.lunatim.com/kinart/kinetic.shtml

Agreed it’s not a Vegas act, but pretty cool.

I thought it was kind of mean for Howie to mess with Tron guy. “Go ahead, start over.” “OK, start over again.”

I’m convinced he (Tron guy) isn’t quite right in the head.

Folacin, thanks for the link!
Oh, and another act that seems totally hopeless – the guy who dived into the kiddie pool.

Come on, it’s a two minute act: one minute to say what he’s going to do and one minute to climb up and jump. And what can he possibly do to change up the act? Yeah, a few feet more or less, but that doesn’t really impact the audience’s perception of what he does.

For all the acts that seem to have no future…don’t forget at the beginning of the contest portion they always axe a portion of the people straight away…I can see a lot of them being last week’s people.

More or less I didn’t see anyone that spectacular or even really interesting. I couldn’t stop laughing at the lawn gnomes though.

I’m mad over all of the “lighted” acts because as was already posted…they are just knock offs
of the much much better acts that were last year. I wish they would come back and try again…

I dont’ think a lot of people understand how much more sophisticated the lighted act is this year. The lights this year are controlled by computer behind the scenes, going on and off strategically as part of the show. That is nothing like what we’ve seen previously.

Wasn’t very impressed with any of the acts last night (at least none stick with me this morning). To my dismay (since I hate “cute kid” acts), the three little kids dancing was probably the highlight.

Was very surprised that Piers wanted to put the pool-playing dog through, leaving Howie(!) as the voice of reason. I can’t think of any other time that Piers was the lone “yes” vote (although we presumably don’t see all of the acts).

Piers has been weirdly impressed by all the animal acts this season. I don’t know why. That’s not talent, just dog/parrot training.

Does anyone else feel like the whole audition process so far has been extremely lackluster? I’ve seen nothing yet that made me go “Wow, amazing!” How many more auditions do they have? The lighted suits acts have been cool, but after last year they don’t have that Wow factor anymore. We’ve seen no amazing singers, no great magicians, nothing terribly unique. Just lame comedians, some OK singers, some good dance groups and a whole lot of boring acts picked solely so they can be cut in the next round.

And the singer in the preview for next week seems meh to me as well, despite the judges fawning. Compare her to Jackie Evancho from last year and it’s no contest.

Hopefully, they’re selecting some good acts and not showing them in the audition round so they can spring them during Vegas.

But, yeah, so far I haven’t seen anyone that I’m anxious to see again.

He looked to be anatomically incorrect in more than just the head. Did he really think that some kind of motivational speech or personal monologue was going to be well received?

Last night was weird, in that they showed more stuff from Seattle. It appeared to be filmed at the same time as the previous stuff, because they all seemed to be wearing the same clothes as before.

Either they have had very few good acts, or they are holding them for the semi-finals, but so far, there hasn’t been one that I really want to see again. The choir looked promising, but as usual, they only show about 12 seconds of the good act(s).
The schtick with Howie and Piers is really getting annoying.
This show would be unwatchable without DVR to fast forward.

I was so surprised when Piers said yes to the pool playing dog. Even Sharon, who I believe is known to have a soft spot for dogs, said no. It’s not as if the dog sank the balls in numerical order. And if it were somehow to turn into a vegas show the folks more than 3 rows back woudl need to watch it on video monitors to see anything.

The three dancing kids were actually good, but I hate to think of kids that young doing a whole stage show, or even the AGT tour.

I’ve posted this in every AGT thread since I started watching. Since there are so many other opportunities for singers I wish they would not be included. Yes, the group that covered Benny and the Jets were talented and charming, but so are countless cover bands who play in countless towns around the world. As long as they include singers I’d much prefer to hear original songs. I wonder if the producers discourage them form doing original material. And really, has winning AGT really launched careers for the singers who’ve won?

My mind’s not made up about the comedian - the one they sent through, not the silent movie sight gag guy.

When they were showing the last singer from last night “about to go on,” I swear the paper horn guy from last week was still sitting in one of the folding chairs. Does this mean the editors play with the order of the acts?

I am shocked, SHOCKED that such shenanigans coud be contemplated.

I *thought *so! It was weird, when the episode started and I saw it was in Seattle, I thought it was a repeat and was confused why my DVR recorded it. And just like in the first Seattle episode, they were devoid of talent.

Last season we saw the initial auditions for Fighting Gravity, Arc Attack, Jackie Evancho, Alice Tan Ridley, Michael Grimm, the two magicians, Prince Poppycock and all the other acts that made it to the finals, so I don’t know why they would be saving the good acts this time. If *this *is the best they have to offer this season, I’m not even going to bother watching past the next round.

“America’s Got Talent - Season 6: The Dregs”

Geechy Guy was funny.

I thought that the band that did “Bennie and the Jets” was just horrible. Amateurish singing, none of them seemed to be particularly proficient at their instruments, and they could not stay together at all. For a band that’s apparently been playing together for years, they should have been tight as a drum - especially on a song as rhythmically simple as “Bennie and the Jets”. But the whole thing was a muddy mess.

If they auditioned for a local bar, I wouldn’t hire them. But the audience went bananas for some reason, and the judges fawned over them. That makes me think either they’re much better than we saw on TV and the producers cut the good parts to keep us guessing, or the judges know something about them that we don’t and they were sandbagging it. Because otherwise, the reaction they got for that performance was totally perplexing.

I can understand Piers not getting it - he’s a cultural and musical buffoon. But you’d think Sharon Osborne would know a little bit about music.

So far, there’s been no one this season worth remembering.

But the lead singer was pretty…