Amsterdam Questions....again...

A couple of quickies…

I am going to be in Amsterdam as of Sunday evening for about 10 days, and my friend and I wouldloveto have a drink or smoke wtih anyone in the area…

1. I need to pick up my girlfriend on May 1st, 7:30 AM from the airport. I will find the airport in advance, but does anyone know what time trains/buses/etc. start and stop running? Also, which do I need to take and how long to get there from the city center? I am bitmore concerened because it is immediately following Queen´s Day. I suppose at worst I could just take a cab.

2. I am minus reservations for Queen´s Day, any ideas of places outside the central area or anywhere I could stay, or anything? I figure at worst I can stay at the airport and pick up my girlfriend in the morning…

Any ideas? Again, a beer on me if any wishes to join me and my buddy for a beer. I hope to drink some Chimay Blue…my favorite Belgium beer.

Thanks!
Mark

Moderators…this should probably be in general questions. Being in Munich screws up my 23 year old american mind…sorry.

There are a billion trains that stop at Schipol on the way out from the central station-- the train schedules are posted in the station and it’s easy to work out. I’m sure something will be running by then (after 6), especially as everyone will be coming/going after holiday. It takes about 15 minutes from the central station-- the train stops downstairs in the airport-- this is sooooo easy to do you will be delighted. It costs like 3 bucks or something. Something likely heads by there every 15 minutes or so. And your girlfriend will be trapped in customs for some time and you can’t really enter the real terminal anyway, so you’ll be waiting outside a large window for a while.
I’ve stayed at Prinsenhof-- likely booked up–and um. . .Hotel Admiraal- these are out on the rings and pretty affordable. There are a ton of things around the museums and a bit southy.

If you like Chimay, try Delerium Tremens or Quack.