Amsterdope! (Psssst...BoomFly)

Coldfire:
No, It was something like Boom something or ???, hhmmm, hold on, let me do a quick Google and see if it comes up…

Yep- Boom Chicago! http://www.boomchicago.nl/

I had a really good night there last February. OK food, but some funny acts. And their guide to Amsterdam was the BEST tourist guide I have ever seen! Really! It even tells you how to fold those darned transport tickets you use!

I would take you up on that offer, but husband wants me to have as little to do with you perverted Dutch people as possible. :slight_smile:

However, if you have a bread basket with napkin liner, I will have to over-rule him…

P.S. May be a snag in me coming, I’ll explain on ICQ tonight, kay? For now we’ll act as if I am, but situations have arisen. DO NOT WORRY. We’ll talk tonight, okay Cloggie-Woggie? The rest of y’all suckers can talk to me tonight to, if you wish. :smiley:

“Strippenkaarten” :smiley:

In fact folks- go check out the website, they have their guide to Amsterdam on it- http://www.boomchicago.nl/

It really is the best guide I’ve ever used- much better than any Fodor’s or Lonely Planet book. It talks about changing money, getting around, what to do, customs, ordering and smoking pot, etc. I highly recommend it!

Take care-
-T

I wouldn’t mind sleeping on your floor/spare bed, but ONLY IF I wouldn’t be usurping a more deserving case. I would be quite happy in a hotel/hostel also (I’m really good at sleeping; comfort isn’t an issue).

Basically, I have one spare bed (hell, an entire spare bedROOM) and two 3-seater couches in the living. On which I fall asleep routinely during the 8 o’clock news :smiley:
All you’d need is a sleeping bag and a pillow, although I do have one sleeping bag myself.

I don’t know if there’s a more deserving case - we’ll see who applies. Maybe Spiny is interested as well?

Hey, that would be seriously cool - thanks, I sure am! I’ll bring a sleeping-bag, no problems there. Are there any specific German goods you’d like me to take along - apart from inflatable animals, that is ?

I might even be talked into watching F1, although I normally hold the view that proper motorsports are based on two-wheeled vehicles :smiley:

tater, you do what you need to do and we’ll see, OK ? {{{{tatertot}}}}

S. Norman

BTW: If I make no sense, it’s probably because I’m posting from bed, trying to get rid of the sort of cold that would have flattened a polar bear. Ah well.

ClogMod & Snormy, check your mailboxes.

tater - Why haven’t I been informed of your Euro-Matchmaking service? :::Pout::: Let me know if I should make plans to ditch the boyfriend (the one I am bringing to Europe) for a few days.

Opps, wrong room ! – where’s ruadh’s thread

BTW, happy in a hotel/hostel is me. Can’t cope with furniture sucking snorers anymore – one’s enough :eek: Diane, how you planning to explain your potential 3 day absence – “sorry darling, must have taken a wrong turn out of Frankfurt Airport” “To Amsterdam ?” ?

Hope you can make it, it will be seriously different from SLC.

Diane, I don’t know what to say. Somebody wants me to set them up? This has never happened to me before! And I pick good guys! Guys who run pubs and are Irish!

Okay, what you do is you talk your Dad into taking him to, um, Chiemsee to go um, SCUBA diving as a male bonding exercise. You know Dads, wanting to get to know the guys who are banging their baby girls.

Or, you bring him, and I’ll distract him with my extensive collection of knock knock jokes, while you get to know my selections.
:::rubbing hands gleefully:::

Speaking of gleefully, where’s Glee?? I’m going to try and track him down now.

::stumbles into the room and instantly boots up his computer::
Ah **Tatertot, sorry {stop}
been out of town for a wile {stop}
will attend {stop}
will email you asap {stop}

thats what happens when you forget the end bold thingy

Snormy, you’re more than welcome to crash. German goods, eh? Well, other than one of them lovely well-endowed Bavarian beauties that can carry 6 one-liter mugs of beer at a time, there’s nothing that I can think of. Although 200 liters of Euro 95 wouldn’t hurt. :smiley:

OK, so sleeping at my place seem to be: yojimbo, Spiny Norman, and hibernicus. Two Paddies and a Viking. Just try to keep the Medieval War Reenactments in the living room to a bare minimum, OK? :wink:

Boomfly, where do you live?

Irecently moved to aalsmeer

You know Clogster, 200 liters of 95 costs me less than 225 guilders? Just thought I’d let you know. <----if we had a self-satisfied smirk smilie, I’d use it there.

It would cost me twice that, you Yankee Scum :smiley:

Boomfly, I used to work in Aalsmeer. Close enough to A’dam alright.

You know, sometimes I just go out to my car at night and let it run for a good 20-30 minutes, just because my gas is cheap and I can afford it. :smiley:

Okay guys, we really need to find a place to stay! Tell me what places you found appealing on my lists, or I will book us all into the Young Christian Woman and Men’s Hostel. They play readings of famous sermons all night long!

Oooh & I forgot to ask for those of us who are rooming together, we should probably find out who smokes & who doesn’t and bunk up accordingly.

I am so looking forward to meeting each and every one of you!

Christian Hostels? Aren’t they against the Dutch Constitution??

Everybody do the dance.

YMCA :smiley:

I smoke and snore BTW. A good kick in the head usually does the trick (with the snoring that is :wink: )