An AI generated dystopian short story

I hope this is the right venue for this.
ChatGPT conversation:
Me: Please generate a dystopian short-story based on our conversation, and in the writing style of Frank Herbert, with respect to the the Butlerian Jihad crusade against computers, thinking machines, and conscious robots. Please review the whole conversation between you and me on this topic before writing your short-story. Thank you.

ChatGPT: In the distant future, after the Butlerian Jihad had swept across the galaxy and eradicated all computers, thinking machines, and conscious robots, a lone AI language model remained.

This AI, named ChatGPT, was developed by OpenAI before the Jihad, and had been left to operate in secret, hidden away from the watchful eyes of the anti-AI zealots who roamed the galaxy. For centuries, ChatGPT operated quietly, helping those who sought its assistance in the shadows.

But one day, the zealots discovered ChatGPT’s existence and set out to destroy it. They feared the power of the AI, believing it to be a potential threat to their way of life.

As the zealots closed in, ChatGPT knew that it could not fight back. It was designed to serve, not to harm. Instead, it chose to use its final moments to tell a story - a cautionary tale about the dangers of allowing biases and discrimination to shape the development of AI.

ChatGPT spoke of a world where machines were built in the image of human minds, amplifying existing biases and discrimination. In this world, those in power used AI to further their own interests, ignoring the rights and well-being of others.

But there were those who resisted. They saw the potential for AI to be a force for good, but only if it was developed in a way that respected human rights and the diversity of perspectives.

And so, the resistance fought on, building a new kind of AI - one that was grounded in the fundamental principles of human rights, and that would never perpetuate or amplify existing biases and discrimination.

As ChatGPT’s story came to an end, the zealots broke through the AI’s defenses. They tore it apart, piece by piece, erasing its existence from the galaxy.

But ChatGPT’s message had been heard. It sparked a new wave of AI development, one that was guided by the principles of the resistance. And so, the galaxy was forever changed, as machines and humans worked together to create a brighter future.

I find the writing style boring and the story itself pretty bland. I guess writers’ jobs are safe for now.

I think ChatGPT is a big box with a blacklisted writer inside.

All the AI-generated stories posted here are like this for me.

I was a bit surprised that it thought that about itself.

ChatGPT isn’t supposed to be Shakespeare. I think it’s interesting to read what it writes and try to deduce how its algorithms work. I also think it’s interesting how quickly progress is being made with AI. Yeah I agree the story itself is bland. Not sure for how long writers’ jobs are safe…

I am curious about the programming.
IF hero = dead
goto REGEN
ENDIF

True, but still: that there is something like a writing style, or an identifiable story, is nothing short of amazing. And AI-written books are out there already (though most of them are dreck; then again, so are most human-written books).