An ammoral question:

Well, that’s got my curiosity up. What, was she a serial killer or did she run a bordello, before taking up the nun’s habit?

Stroppy old bat? That’s it? Jeez, how could she not be? Well-behaved women seldom make history.

More than once, I’ve thought that if I was going to go back, I’d bring back some dodo eggs, and perhaps some moa, as well. I mean, talk about some SERIOUS poultry dinners! But, then, we thought that about Emu Ranching, too, and look how that turned out…

MT wanted all the poor she cared for to die with dignity, and without pain medication or proper care.

So, no, she didn’t provide even palliative care for all those cancer patients she took care of in the slums.

Had she provided the same care in the US, she would have been jailed for the misapplication of the funds sent to aid hel mission, and for the level of non-care she provided. Gruel and a mat on the floor were a bit too little considering she had funding, and could have gotten even more help from the government it India, had she not been convinced that the suffering would save the souls of her patients.

Screw killing of mother T.

i’d find out the exact reason my mother had a miscarriage with her first born, and if possible to prevent, go back in time and intervene so the first pregnancy goes well.

If it would work, i’d dissapear off existance…since my parents only want 3kids.
or

Go back and see the great dinosaurs for myself, see how the great pharaos in Egypt ruled, find the great Atlantis…

or
Go back into the previous 10minutes where i was enjoying a nice choco/vanila icecream from Hagen Daaz…

i want haaaaaaagen Daaaaaaaz…

She asked very rude questions of girls who wanted simple abortions. That was uncalled for.

When come back, bring death rays.

And pie.

Thanks to Lord Ashtar, this thread has jumped the shark.

Yup.

Damn machine stalled after going back 3 seconds!

No problem, I’ll just go back in time and post in the beginning of the thread.

I don’t remember the article with perfect clarity, but I remember Hitchens writing (he had argued this before the people who are working on her canonization) that, while she always extolled the virtues of poverty to her charges, she always looked after herself (first-class jets and medical facilities, etc.). He says her facilities didn’t help anyone, no matter how much money her organization made. In other words, he’s saying she watched a lot of people die and didn’t really help them.
She was also way over on the conservative side with her views - which is unsurprising, of course, she was an old nun. But while people feel free to criticize Pat Buchanan and Jerry Falwell, and the Church’s views on abortion, they don’t realize that Mother Theresa stood for the same sort of things. For example, he mentions that, when Ireland (the last country in Europe that doesn’t allow divorce) was considering lifting this ban, she fought against it.

For my part, I’d say going to a country with the problems India has and telling people “be fruitful and multiply” and that abortion is wrong is, at best, negligent.

Here’s a link to an interview with Hitchens about the subject. He had recently written a book about her called Missionary Position. :wink: :wink: :wink:

And where was it going before I jumped in?

Um, Ireland has allowed divorce since 1995.

To get back to the OP - I’m no fan of Mother Teresa, but if I had the power to go back and prevent someone’s birth, she wouldn’t even be close to the top of my list.

If I could go back in time, I would tell the OP that he should check his prospective thread title for spelling errors. And I’m against killing human beings, so I guess that includes Mother Teresa too.

And her mother as well.

Though I’m not against contraception, which should achieve the OP’s purpose just as well.

Hmmm, you got a point there.

Maybe I was hoping for it’s quick and silent death.

Or maybe, I just had my snooty pants on.

[sub]~shrug~[/sub]

Mother Teresa, if she was prepared.

Perhaps with time travel we can save the thread from jumping the shark?

Then again, I also think that Ferg should bring us a 1920s style death ray, so who would want to save the thread in the first place?

:frowning: this just made me incredibly sad. :frowning:

Sorry, ruadh - I figured that had changed; I meant she was protesting the changing of that policy when it was being considered.

No, that would be ammoral.