An open letter to Heather

Dear Heather (If that’s your real name)

You don’t know how much your actions tonight made me feel good. I was on the Zephyer for the karaoke cruise tonight. I tried talking to some people hoping to make some new friends but that didn’t really go anywhere.

It was near the end of the night and I saw this woman on the dance floor with a friend of hers. I thought she looked upset and I saw what I thought was her friend trying to cheer her up. All night I thought she was cute and wanted to approach her but I just didn’t have the balls to do it.

Finally I walked over to her and asked the five words I hate asking because I’m always afraid of the one word answer with two letters. This time was no exception. She looked at me with what I took as disgust in her eyes and said No. Not Thank you but no, just a No.

I stepped back and was going to start singing to the song when I felt someone take my hand. I thought it was someone in the group I was kinda-with but it was a stranger. You were wearing a blue outfit. You had blond hair and beautiful eyes. But what made me really happy is you wanted to dance with me.

Gracefully you lead me while making it appear that I was leading you. You executed spins and twirls with ease as if I was guiding you. When my hands stroked your back as we danced you relaxed into me.

For that one song you made me feel like I mattered so Thank you.

When the song was over you kissed my hand and in return I kissed yours. You thanked me for the dance and I thanked you.

On the dock around my friends I asked you for your E-mail and you said you didn’t have one. I asked you for your number and you wouldn’t give it out saying you only have a home phone. I asked you if I could give you mine. You agreed and waited while I found paper and pen. Thank you for that.

I know you don’t live in NY or NJ but I would like to keep in touch with you because as corny as this sounds you restored my faith in people. You reached out to a stranger who was in need of acceptance and accepted me so thank you. :slight_smile:

That story gave me warm fuzzies. Thank you for sharing it!

Very sweet story, Manny. Keep dancing.

Aww! That is so sweet! I hope she gets in touch with you. That was a beautiful thing you two shared.

It was my pleasure to share it. I don’t tend to post positive things in my life and I wanted to share it

Thanks. Last night gave me the courage to keep asking people to dance

So do I. PA isn’t far from Nj depending on where she lives