An open letter to Pope Francis!

THat’s the whole point – it wasn’t that there are more child molestors in the RCC than other denominations, it was the way it was handled that made it such a big mess. However, a lot of people in the church seem to be pushing the idea that it’s the FAULT of homosexuals, so they’re kind of making their own problems.

I just wanted to share this rich pair of limericks I conceived, wasn’t trying to start a debate . . . But, heck, do go on!

As I stated, it is my opinion about the R C C’s way of looking at sexuality and there are also people of other religions who were raised with ideas of sexuality. Even to think of sex is considered a sin! One can go back to the time in history where women were made to wear chastity belts. When I was growing up it was considered filthy minded to know the difference between a bull and a cow!

Gentleman cows wore spats.

I hope you weren’t a milkmaid!

No I wasn’t. Times sure change, Jack Paar was taken off the TV because he used the word for toilet!

No. Paar left the show because he was a prima donna who had a nervous breakdown. The immediate reason he walked off the show in 1960 was because his censors cut a joke about a toilet, but he came back on a month later and apologized. It wasn’t until two years later that he left for good because the stress of putting on a two hour show every night for five nights a week was too much for him. He was moved to a weekly variety show and Carson took over.

And chastity belts are largely a myth. There was never any widespread requirement that women wear them.

I can’t argue the fact because I am not that informed, but on I love Lucy and the movies even a married couple had to be shown in Twin beds, Now anything goes.

Like a song from the Roaring Twenties; " In days yore a sight of stocking was something shocking, now heaven knows, any thing goes". Sounds like today’s attitude compared to a few years ago.